Sideload Wonder Machine

djsmvp

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I am not able to use the wonder machine. My phone will not connect to my computer when debugging is on (windows 7 32bit). The drivers and .net4 are installed. When I plug my phone in my computer either says "device not recognized" or "installing drivers - failed." I would REALLY like to get this working, any ideas?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Your USB drivers aren't installed correctly. I'm no Windows expert, but you will probably have to uninstall them from Windows Device Manager, then find the correct procedure to install win7-32 drivers.

djsmvp

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Your USB drivers aren't installed correctly. I'm no Windows expert, but you will probably have to uninstall them from Windows Device Manager, then find the correct procedure to install win7-32 drivers.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the usb drivers i got from samsungs website about 20 times. Could they be bad drivers? Do the drivers have to be in a certain location when I install them? Thanks.

EDIT - Well, i got it to connect with USB debugging. I have no idea why but switching the usb cable from the front panel to a motherboard usb port did the trick.

Last edited:

BigDog1

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone I am a newbie here (new to Andriod but NOT new to comp and windows). USB debugging is only necessary if your trying to sideload with the wonder machine.
For all other access gto the phone u have 2 other options. 1) dl and use Samsung Kies, 2) When you connect ur phone to the comp with usb, the next screen that pop up ask what kind of connection, choose mass storage. Drop down the notification bar, tap the usb connection and choose mount. You will now have access the internal and/or external sd card.
I use this all the time to drag and drop my music files and also to backup my device. I turn on USB debugging if I need to sideload.
Running Win7 ultimate 64bit.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
No help for this problem still trying to figure it out. I have all drivers installed. I am running windows xp media and it is up to date.

Last edited:

mattdad82

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me i'm new, but i'm trying to install apps using sideloader but I get error the message "Install failed insufficient storage". I have more than enough space what am i doing wrong?

:rolleyes:

Kite

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
mattdad82 and CaptainStansbury

I had the same issue a few days after I tried to connect my Captivate to my PC. Try checking to see if the internal SD card unmounted itself or try remounting it. I did this then restarted the phone and everything was working, I'm not sure which one actually did it.

mxracer846

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Help

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine v. 1.1
Make sure your phone is plugged in, and
USB debugging is enabled on your phone

List of devices attached

You should see the serial number of your Android
phone above. If so, continue. If not, make sure
you have installed the USB driver for your phone,
and make sure that USB debugging is enabled.

Press any key to continue . . .

I have drivers installed USB debugging selected and cannot recognize my phone. Tried different USB ports. Please help.

demp_D-1417

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
My phone connect better since I did the one step root method. I put the phone in USB Debugging before connecting to the computer and it is recognized by the computer. I also have better connectivity with samsung Kies now.

Twiggy159

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine shows that my phone is offline when I connect it. I have the drivers installed and debugging on. It shows my serial number in the list of devices but it is listed as "Offline." Any way to fix this?

XKxRome0ox

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
followed the simple instructions
installed the side loading machine app
installed the .net 4 thing
turned on side loader ... picked out .apk ... install completed
easy as pie

AmsDiane

Oct 7, 2010
amsdiane.blogspot.com
Stuck on "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]" but FIXED it ... here's how.

OK. I'm usually pretty good at this stuff, but this was stumping me for WAY TOO LONG and I thought my explanation below might help other folks having similar issues. (And FWIW, I HATE ATT for crippling my phone before I even got my hands on it!)

I'm running 32-bit WinXP SP3 on an Intel-core processor. I have the correct drivers installed for my Samsung Captivate. I installed the drivers from Samsung's Software page (The driver is called "SGH-i897_Captivate_USB_Drivers_5_02_0_2.zip".) With this, my phone appears in Device Manager as "ADB Interface > SAMSUNG Android Composite ADB Interface". I am able to connect my phone and once I mount my phone, I can move items via Mass Storage just fine. It does mount 2 drives (which looks like one is for the internal memory and one is for the SD card.) Everything appears A-OK here.

I was trying to sideload "Trillian.apk" with SWM. I was having all sorts of issues with the AndroidCentral Sideload Wonder Machine directory path and location of my selected *.apk. I figured out the workarounds, and managed to get my device ID number detected. When everything looked like it going to install A-OK, SWM would then crap out and give me an error about
Code:
pkg: payload\to_install.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

Given the error and the fact that I knew I had plenty of internal and external memory free, something else had to be the problem. A little trial-and-error ensued. Let me describe what I was doing WRONG (at the end, I tell you what worked CORRECTLY):
  1. I downloaded "AC-SWM-v1.0.zip" and extracted the files to my desktop (path "C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM").
  2. I setup my phone with the following settings:
    [*]Applications > USB Settings > Mass storage
    [*]Applications > Development > USB debugging​
  3. I plugged in my phone via the USB cable. Phone was detected and connected.
  4. On my phone, I opted to "Select to copy files to/from your computer" which in turn prompts me to mount my phone. This causes my windows computer to open two explorer windows for both the internal memory and SD card. Looked like so far, so good.
  5. I then double-click on "AndroidCentral-SWN.exe"
  6. I followed the YouTube instructions to select the "Trillian.apk" file (located on my desktop at C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\). This resulted in the following error in SWM:
    Code:
    'loader.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop>
    I sensed a problem in the path for the loader.bat program, so I moved the "Trillian.apk" file into the payload folder (at "C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM\payload\") thinking that was where it needed to go. (Which was close, but not quite right as you can see in the output below.)

Code:
'loader.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM\payload>cd ..

C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM>loader.bat

List of devices attached
I89786099b38    device

phone above. If so, continue.  If not, make sure

Installing application

1147 KB/s (0 bytes in 1065198.000s)
        pkg: payload\to_install.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

If you do not see an error, everything was
successful.  After exiting the program,
you may unplug your Android phone and
your application should be installed.
You will now be returned to the Android
Central Sideload Wonder Machine and can
install another app if you wish.

Despite the error indicating a problem with memory, it was actually an issue with location of the *.apk file to be installed. To make AndroidCentral Sideload Wonder Machine work correctly on my computer and with my phone, ALL of my *.apk files MUST go into the same folder as the SWM files (at C:\Documents and Settings\Main User\Desktop\AC-SWM-v1.0\AC-SWM"). Doing this small, simple thing made it so the the loader.bat (and everything else) would work perfectly. What I now (and hopefully hereafter) received on-screen after this simple change was:

Code:

List of devices attached
I89786099b38    device

phone above. If so, continue.  If not, make sure

Installing application

1305 KB/s (0 bytes in 1065198.000s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/to_install.apk
Success

If you do not see an error, everything was
successful.  After exiting the program,
you may unplug your Android phone and
your application should be installed.
You will now be returned to the Android
Central Sideload Wonder Machine and can
install another app if you wish.

I hope this will help others struggling with this. (Good luck!)

Last edited:

shorty920

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Quick question question. I used the wonder program to install Angry Birds on my Captivate and it installed with no problems. Question is, I can't find it on my phone. The phone realizes it's installed because I can uninstall it, but I can't find it when I click on my app list.

EDIT: NVM I fixed it. Just hide the app, and then unhide it and it shows.

Last edited:

dseps

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
To: AmsDiane

wow, I really struggled with this to get an app installed. Read lots of threads, no solution before yours. Well, I apparently also had path problems with AC-SWM but once I put directory into c:\windows, still no install until your find.

So thanks!!!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol