Official Froyo Update Instructions for Samsung Captivate - It's Here!

shabu

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My phone is totally stock, so when I tried to do the update, Kies mini is telling me that my phone is an unsupported device...what gives??

exoguy

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting after 20 minutes. I did forget to mention that I did not restore the phone back to factory. Is there any way to get back to 2.1 and do the restore?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep, never attempted to do anything with it because I was waiting for the Froyo update.

Weird. I got an "unregistered device" error after flashing back to stock. Maybe they're related.

Hate to say it, but a call to Samsung might be in store for you.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You aren't going to believe this, but I plugged it into a different USB port and it worked...:confused: Thanks for your help though :)

I would believe it. Not all USB ports on a PC (laptops especially) have the same voltage. Always try another USB port before worrying.

smikesmith3

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I was pumped about the tethering via A/P with this update but I have the unlimited data and apparently the only way to move to the tethering plan is to drop the unlimited and cap yourself at 4GB for $45 bucks...an extra $15.

Complete garbage.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well my main deal with not going to the official froyo is the simple fact that even the video from Phil's Captivate with the official Froyo was no Voice Dialer like the i9000 based captivate roms have. So I think I am going to stick with Perception 10.2 with firebird kernel!

HTH,
Charlie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781