Emails disappear from Inbox after receiving them

r3n3r4d3

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

So I got a Rogers Samsung Captivate updated to 2.2. I've added my Shaw email in, and it's the only email account i have on the phone. Recently, when I receive emails on the phone, I look at them and its fine. After couple minutes I go back into the Email and the emails disappear.

Also, just additional information, I have my Shaw synced to my outlook too. When I read the emails, I do not delete them, so that should not be the problem of me deleting off the server making it disappear from the phone. I just read it.

Anybody is having this kind of trouble? Solutions?

Thanks

P.S. Just wondering, when you add an email account on the phone, does it sync all the emails you have on your server from before or it starts fresh?

Daifne

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How do you have the account setup in Outlook? Is it setup as a POP3 account? Is your computer and Outlook running while you're away from your computer?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If you use Outlook and have a Hotmail account Windows Live has an Outlook connector that will sync your Outlook email & calender (not sure about contacts yet) and your phone's email & calender. The Hotmail account (POP3) just needs to be set up on the phone (Hotmail POP3 settings can be found online). Once set up your computer does not have to be running for the Outlook/Hotmail/Windows Live to phone sync.

valueman

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Two thoughts. Check view settings to see if it is set to display all messages, or just all unread messages.

Second, I have found that when I **** down Outlook on my computer in the office it continues to run in the background. If I want access to email when I leave the office I have to shut the computer down. If I just exit Outlook it keeps running in the background and checking messages.

r3n3r4d3

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Two thoughts. Check view settings to see if it is set to display all messages, or just all unread messages.

Second, I have found that when I **** down Outlook on my computer in the office it continues to run in the background. If I want access to email when I leave the office I have to shut the computer down. If I just exit Outlook it keeps running in the background and checking messages.

Quick Question, how do I find the setting "display all messages, or just all unread messages?" I dont find that anywhere.

Thanks

Jslotab

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Same type of thing happening here. Email notification works. I click on notification. I see the email in the inbox. Moments later the email is gone . Just a week or two ago it was working fine. All my mail was in the inbox. No problem and now... it says it has syncd but no messgaes in inbox and new ones are gone un minutes.

Hi all

So I got a Rogers Samsung Captivate updated to 2.2. I've added my Shaw email in, and it's the only email account i have on the phone. Recently, when I receive emails on the phone, I look at them and its fine. After couple minutes I go back into the Email and the emails disappear.

Also, just additional information, I have my Shaw synced to my outlook too. When I read the emails, I do not delete them, so that should not be the problem of me deleting off the server making it disappear from the phone. I just read it.

Anybody is having this kind of trouble? Solutions?

Thanks

P.S. Just wondering, when you add an email account on the phone, does it sync all the emails you have on your server from before or it starts fresh?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz