1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Emails disappear from Inbox after receiving them

Hi all

So I got a Rogers Samsung Captivate updated to 2.2. I've added my Shaw email in, and it's the only email account i have on the phone. Recently, when I receive emails on the phone, I look at them and its fine. After couple minutes I go back into the Email and the emails disappear.

Also, just additional information, I have my Shaw synced to my outlook too. When I read the emails, I do not delete them, so that should not be the problem of me deleting off the server making it disappear from the phone. I just read it.

Anybody is having this kind of trouble? Solutions?

Thanks

P.S. Just wondering, when you add an email account on the phone, does it sync all the emails you have on your server from before or it starts fresh?

How do you have the account setup in Outlook? Is it setup as a POP3 account? Is your computer and Outlook running while you're away from your computer?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

as POP3, and my computer is running but not my outlook,

Are they being moved to another folder on your phone? Move the folders at the top and see if they are under "all mail"

If you use Outlook and have a Hotmail account Windows Live has an Outlook connector that will sync your Outlook email & calender (not sure about contacts yet) and your phone's email & calender. The Hotmail account (POP3) just needs to be set up on the phone (Hotmail POP3 settings can be found online). Once set up your computer does not have to be running for the Outlook/Hotmail/Windows Live to phone sync.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Nope never move anything to any folder. All just in inbox

Thanks

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cognition 2.3b8

Two thoughts. Check view settings to see if it is set to display all messages, or just all unread messages.

Second, I have found that when I **** down Outlook on my computer in the office it continues to run in the background. If I want access to email when I leave the office I have to shut the computer down. If I just exit Outlook it keeps running in the background and checking messages.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ValuemanTN View Post
    Two thoughts. Check view settings to see if it is set to display all messages, or just all unread messages.

Second, I have found that when I **** down Outlook on my computer in the office it continues to run in the background. If I want access to email when I leave the office I have to shut the computer down. If I just exit Outlook it keeps running in the background and checking messages.

Quick Question, how do I find the setting "display all messages, or just all unread messages?" I dont find that anywhere.

Thanks