Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Issue post Froyo update - Continuous Audible Alert

Hello. New to the board. Just put up my intro.

Updated to Froyo last night and I have a strange new issue.

If I have an unread voicemail and I turn my phone off and then on, when it gets to the home screen, I receive a continuous audible alert until I touch the status bar. Then it stops ringing. It will do this after every reboot until I listen to my voicemail....then it reboots with no alert.

I have found no setting for a reboot voicemail alert (that could be set to continuous). I tested this with a colleague and he recieved one beep and thats all. Neither of us could find the solution.

Granted I don't turn my phone off a lot...it's still not right.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Nick

Mine did that too. I fixed mine by changing the sound I had set for my alerts then chaning it back.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Strange. The sound I'm getting isn't one of my notifications or rings. Or a phone sound for that matter. It's a totally unknown sound. Did you change your notification sound and then back? I know I've done that a few times since the install. I need to check the voicemail thing again.