I got scammed! Bought a phone that only turns on when plugged in =(

jpra923

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just bought a phone of craigslist, the Samsung Captivate. Turns out the phone only turns on when it's plugged in. Once you turn it on, you can unplug it and everything is swell.

Super frustrated right now!

Anyone know if this is fixable?

Please help Android community!

jpra923

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, "Live Chat" didn't work. They said to charge it for 5 hours and try to restart it again. Then they gave me a 1800.

No worries. I can wait.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Please edit that out, we are family friendly around here ,

but i understand you are upset,,,but let me ask you if you keep the phone on all the time does it work fine?

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it, but that is exactly what Captivate 6 did right before it quit charging all together. Definitely try getting Samsung to cover it, if possible.

I'm not sure how the warranty works or if it transfers between private parties, but it's worth a shot.

jpra923

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Please edit that out, we are family friendly around here ,

but i understand you are upset,,,but let me ask you if you keep the phone on all the time does it work fine?

Sorry about the the previous post. It's difficult to get over.

Good question about the phone. Odd thing is I left it charged over night because the Samsung IT suggested I charge it for more than 5 hours. When I woke up this morning, the phone was off. I tried turning it back on, but it wouldn't work EVEN while plugged in. I had to do a soft reset to get it to turn on (while plugged in ) It still does not turn on when unplugged.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it, but that is exactly what Captivate 6 did right before it quit charging all together. Definitely try getting Samsung to cover it, if possible.

I'm not sure how the warranty works or if it transfers between private parties, but it's worth a shot.

I got mine off Ebay and Samsung repaired it no problem. AT&T won't honor the warranty unless you got it through them, but Samsung should.

valentine14

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Same as ls377 except I bought mine from craigslist. It worked for almost month then I started having the random shut downs, after reading all the posts from everyone about it I called Samsung and they had me send it in right away. Getting it back this week.
Good luck :)