Camera Geotags by Default?

captivedroid

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I've searched about this topic, but I can't find any discussion on this topic.

I updated my Captivate through AT&T's official Froyo release.

Recently I found out that Captivate's camera geotags photos by default, and I can't find a way to turn it off.

Even when my GPS is off, the geotagging still works.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
cD

Pepe98

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The only way I have found to remove the geotagging is to go into the settings menu, select "location & security" and disable both "use wireles networks" & "use GPS satelites." Not the best fix, but the only one I have found so far.

bish0p34

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a legitimate question...can geotagging really be turned off?

The reason I ask is that I have a Captivate and an iPhone4, I carry the iPhone to have videos of my band shot for Youtube. I have no sim card in it, nor do I let it get onto wifi networks while I'm not at home. Somehow, every picture I take is geotagged with the phone never being connected to a network.

This begs the question...can it really be turned off?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a legitimate question...can geotagging really be turned off?

The reason I ask is that I have a Captivate and an iPhone4, I carry the iPhone to have videos of my band shot for Youtube. I have no sim card in it, nor do I let it get onto wifi networks while I'm not at home. Somehow, every picture I take is geotagged with the phone never being connected to a network.

This begs the question...can it really be turned off?

GSM phones are still technically "connected" when you don't have a SIM in. You can't use the network, but they have to be connected to make emergency calls. Airplane mode might work.

As for the Captivate...same thing. It sucks, and boo on Sammy for taking it out, but that's the only way I can think of that might work.

Reactions: bish0p34

deaconous

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
use Pixelgarde Photo Privacy Editor. It's free and will let you remove geotags and other stuff from photos when you share them. search on Pixelgarde and you'll find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol