Wifi Tether

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
When I updated my Captivate to Froyo, I was excited about the wifi tethering option that is one of the features of Froyo. However, I was disappointed to find out that you had to pay AT&T in order for this feature to work. Is there a solution (preferably free) in the market, etc. that I can use instead of paying AT&T a monthly bill? (I have my phone rooted.)

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
When I updated my Captivate to Froyo, I was excited about the wifi tethering option that is one of the features of Froyo. However, I was disappointed to find out that you had to pay AT&T in order for this feature to work. Is there a solution (preferably free) in the market, etc. that I can use instead of paying AT&T a monthly bill? (I have my phone rooted.)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=968062

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't find pdanet on the market. Any suggestions?

That's because AT&T blocks it from the market. What you need to do is put your phone in airplane mode, turn on wifi and connect to a network, then go to the market and try again.
Hope this helps.

yunk3r

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
you need to root your phone, and either flash a new rom i would recommend using serendipity it is 2.2 and comes with free wifi tethering or get an app called barnacle wifi teather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty