E-Mail Issues with Froyo
03-31-2011 03:18 PM
- After downloading the upgrade to Froyo 2.2 I have realized a few glitches:
1. My e-mails after reading them have a VERY DARK background color and it's hard to see them in the listing of my other read e-mails. It used to be Black and White.
2. When looking through past e-mails and sorting A-Z, it will sort them, but then when you pick a letter at the right to go to - it takes you to the bottom "Z" with every letter picked.
3. I can' view attachments even with Quick Office or another app loaded.
Any thoughts?03-21-2011 08:54 PM
- I had similar problems after upgrading to Froyo. My e-mail showed ALL incoming, unread mail grayed (almost blacked)out. All entries were extremely dark, and it was very frustrating.
The only suggestion I can make is to do a factory reset of your phone. It's the only thing that corrected my grey-out problem.
The other suggestion by the previous reader is for reading your e-mails. The gray-out we're referring to is in the incoming mail list.
Read on for my problems and question03-30-2011 10:22 PM
- After upgrading to Froyo, I'm having trouble with auto-retrieving e-mail.
I use a POP3 e-mail account as my primary (not g-mail as android wants), and it's set as the default account. I'm usually within range of wi-fi, so most data communication and polling is done that way. When I've been out of wi-fi range, my 3G has been polling.
My problem is that I know from my desktop that I have new e-mail, yet it doesn't show up on my Captivate in a timely manner. It often doesn't show up until I do a manual "refresh" of my e-mail. Today, I had e-mails at 11:28a/1:44p/1:50p/2:36p/2:42p/3:15p and 3:56p, yet none of them showed up on my Captivate's e-mail until I did a manual refresh. There was no ringtone notification until AFTER I had downloaded all the new e-mail.
I saw most of these come in on my desktop, so I know my POP3 server is working correctly; I was sitting at my desk with the wireless router; I did a factory reset after upgrading (see above) and my e-mail check frequency is set at 15 minutes on the phone.
I'm wondering if there is some setting I'm overlooking, especially since there may be more options in 2.2 than I'm aware of. Any suggestions?
PS: I'm also having some issues with Contacts sync, and heading off now to find a forum question dealling with that. Thanks in advance for your help.
MarkNOklahoma03-30-2011 10:47 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- AT&T Captivate
E-Mail Issues with Froyo
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD