Internal SD Doesn't Show In Windows XP My Computer

SonOfMI

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting ready to upgrade my Captivate to Froyo through Kies Mini and I want to make a backup of the contents of the internal SD card (not the external SD card that I can put in and take out myself). This is where I have my MP3's stored along with some other crap like PDF and Word documents. I was able to connect it fine to my Windows Vista laptop when I put those files on there months ago. That laptop died so I'm using a Windows XP machine now. I have installed the USB drivers from Samsung's website. Captivate settings I've tried are USB debugging on and off and I've set the USB Settings on it to ask me upon connection and to Mass Storage. Regardless of the settings, when I connect my Captivate to this Windows XP computer, it will only allow me to open the external SD card (the one I put in the phone). It doesn't even show a drive for the internal SD. Any ideas?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Some apps can lock the internal sd card from being able to mount. Titanium backup being the one that I notice most often.

Try rebooting and connecting to usb first thing.

A work around would be to use your phone to copy the folders to your external card, and from there you can use use your pc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12