my phone keeps turning itself on at night for no reason

unit_shifter

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Phone is an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S1 (technically a Captivate something or other, 897 or somesuch?) which has one of those PacROM sets for android 4.4 on it. (I will post exact specifics if needed in followup but the battery is dead AGAIN thanks to this)

For several months now the phone has started turning itself on at varying times. Sometimes its the same time every night, then maybe it will change to a different time later. I've seen it happen (having been sitting awake late at night to see it bling on in the charger surprising me) and can't figure out how - nothing is changed vs when it wasn't doing this before. I know it's doing it all the time now because my battery keeps ending up DEAD when I shut the phone off fully charged for when I later need it, only to find all the sudden it's on zero yet again.

There are no set alarms of any kind waking it up, i'm not aware of any PacROM feature and didn't set or change ANYTHING. The phone worked fine the first 9 months before starting to act wierd. I've installed next to nothing on the phone since then either.

When the phone powers up it doesn't do anything at all - just sits at the main menu and drains battery until it has no battery left. It doesn't act like it's loading anything, or doing virus stuff or that. If I catch it in the middle of a powerup and take the battery out, it wont retry that night though.

How do I narrow down what is happening or causing this to occur??