Recording video error...??

Kilhd

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all.. I have had a captivate for almost two weeks, well today is the first day I tried to shoot video with the camera and I keep getting this error message that says "Warning: Recording Failed".(pic following)I have tried setting it to the phone's memory and my personal SD Card, same thing. I was wondering if anyone knows why and could help fix this issue. Thanks in advance for any information.
The phone is Android 2.2, and is not rooted. I didn't know how to screen cap so I took a pic using another phone.

warn.jpg

the3dgm

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
You have it set to record to the storage card, have you tried when the setting is to phone? It could be a problem with your sd card. ( I think it saves to the external card but I'm not sure. )

Press the gear symbol in the lower left, click tools tab, go to page 2, select where to store and change to phone. If it still doesn't work the problem may be with the phone. If it does check you external sd card to make sure it is seated correctly or try another.

HTH

Kilhd

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
"I have tried setting it to the phone's memory and my personal SD Card, same thing" Meaning I have tried phone's internal memory as well as my sd card. Thanks for the reply though. Also after I click "OK" on the error, it shows the spinning "loading" symbol, and I have to hit home key to get out of "camera" b/c it wont let me do anything else. grrr

Kilhd

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, seems I fixed it! I turned phone off, removed battery, and SD card. When I put it back together and turned it on, video now works ::shrugs::

Luke Galutia

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
samsung galaxy S7
modle# SM-G935AZSAATT

Issue: Samsung galaxy S7 Edge "Warning: Recording failed" in camera app

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-captivate/72863-recording-video-error.html

Samsung Galaxy S6 Warning Recording Failed Issue & Other Camera Related Problems

The issue is with the camera storing "unwanted files" in the cache

1.Power the phone off.
2.Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.
4.When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
5.Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache option and press the Power key to select.
6. select "Reboot Phone" from the menu. once phone is rebooted test
the camera app to make sure it can record videos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87