Media Problems (Music&Video)

Sky.Jokiel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Lately every time I go to play music on my phone using stock music player, winapp or doubleTwist it shows the file but then says that the file no longer exists. When I restart my phone the files can then be played. The songs will play for a while but there will be random pauses when the song should be playing. The applications shows that the music is playing but no audio is coming out? Eventually the files will stop playing and I have to restart my phone over again. When it says that the audio files no longer exist the video files also no longer exist. I have the files on my 16gb internal memory but I have tried them on the sd-card too. I am running android 2.2 and my phone is rooted. I have had it since October 2010.

Also when the audio and video files wont play... Youtube and even playing audio or video through the browser will not work... Until I restart. I no it's odd.

Thanks and if you have anymore questions that might help get to the bottom of this it would be great... It a really annoying problem

Sky.Jokiel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Please Help

80 People and no one can help :(... I have noticed that when the media stops working everything from my ringtones to my alarm sound stops working... found this out the hard way when I woke up for school late because my phone alarm was just flashing at me...

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like your SD card may need formatting (corrupted), or you are having media scanner issues. Were it me, I would copy everything off that sd card stat, and see if the music plays ok on your computer. While you are listening to your tunes, I would then format the SD card using the phone utility to do so, and then copy it back on.

Please be careful to get everything you need copied off your card before you format it, so you don't come back at me about it :).

The other possibility is that the SD card is being used by something that is locking it away from your use... like if you had it connected to a PC and were using it as a flash drive, the phone cannot access those files while your computer is doing so.

But I suspect a corrupted SD card.

Reactions: Sky.Jokiel

Sky.Jokiel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like your SD card may need formatting (corrupted), or you are having media scanner issues. Were it me, I would copy everything off that sd card stat, and see if the music plays ok on your computer. While you are listening to your tunes, I would then format the SD card using the phone utility to do so, and then copy it back on.

Please be careful to get everything you need copied off your card before you format it, so you don't come back at me about it :).

The other possibility is that the SD card is being used by something that is locking it away from your use... like if you had it connected to a PC and were using it as a flash drive, the phone cannot access those files while your computer is doing so.

But I suspect a corrupted SD card.
Yea I was thinking it would be that... ok well I will give it a shot and report back... And I wouldn't come back at you for helping lol

Sky.Jokiel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Fixed

So I took as much info off my internal sd card as it would let me and formatted it and it works now :D... hopefully it will stay this way

Sky.Jokiel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Bad News

So bad news is i woke up this morning got in the car and tried to play some music... didnt work (file does not exist)... restarted the phone and it worked but was choppy and cut out again... thinking i might need to do a hard reset or send the phone in :(

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You may have a bad internal SD card. I would get it replaced from ATT Warranty Repair. It sucks going through it, but not as bad as a faulty SD card.

Reactions: Sky.Jokiel

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Nah, they should send you a replacement so you can use your existing until you get the new one (refurb) in a few days, then you just swap SIMs and are good to go. It isn't THAT bad... that is how I got my Captivate from a repeatedly crummy HTC Tilt 2. :)

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown