Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Record Phone Calls

I've used the search and read the threads related to this. Does anyone know if there is an app out yet that works with the captivate and that will record both sides of the conversation? I've downloaded some from the Market but they dont work.....Anyone able to help here?

They don't work. However, the international version of the Galaxy S has some modified files (root required) that do allow these apps to work. Check it out here. Probably wouldn't be too hard to port to the Captivate..

Some of the custom ROMs have this feature. I also think it is sorta un-cool in a legal way, so you are unlikely to find an app for it.

ROM
    Serendipity VII

yeah, alot of the custom roms have this built in.
    Grand Tech

Global Posts
    1,238 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    Some of the custom ROMs have this feature. I also think it is sorta un-cool in a legal way, so you are unlikely to find an app for it.
    Specifically, which ones?

ROM
    Serendipity VII

i'm running firefly and it has it. I'm almost 100% sure that cognition and di11i both have it as well. If you read the xda page on the rom they say if they have it or not.

Be careful with how/where you use such a feature. In Illinois, for example, it is illegal to record someone's voice without their knowledge and consent.

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest AOKP!

Phoenix Unleashed has Call Recording Built In. I use it when I am talking to the mother of my daughter and her boyfriend as well as I let them know that I am recording the call for purposes of some civility on their end.

HTH,
    Charlie
    Samsung Captivate - RIP 10-6-2011 Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 - Rooted, Sim Unlocked and soon to be debloated

Default Re: Record Phone Calls

Can u help me to get this function on my device? i just bought Samsung Galaxy S2 two month ago and now looking for Record CAll function. i dnt know root and all the technical stuffs name.

Recording calls is specifically disabled due to legal issues. You can get an SGS phone to have the capability, but it requires loading a custom ROM derived from an Android release in a part of the world where it is NOT illegal to do so. Yes yes, I know if you tell the other party you are recording it is ok, that is not the point. The point is, the software is NOT there because it is illegal and they clearly do not trust us to not lie about it.

Anyway, I would guess there is a similar situation for the SGS 2, but you are best directing the question to that forum to ask for a custom ROM that supports call recording. There is no way to get it without learning how to do it yourself, that I am aware of.

Recording calls is specifically disabled due to legal issues. You can get an SGS phone to have the capability, but it requires loading a custom ROM derived from an Android release in a part of the world where it is NOT illegal to do so. Yes yes, I know if you tell the other party you are recording it is ok, that is not the point. The point is, the software is NOT there because it is illegal and they clearly do not trust us to not lie about it.

Anyway, I would guess there is a similar situation for the SGS 2, but you are best directing the question to that forum to ask for a custom ROM that supports call recording. There is no way to get it without learning how to do it yourself, that I am aware of.
    ummm...no it is not "illegal" to do so. recording convos depends on the state. for instance, in my state it is perfectly legal to record a phone conversation if only one of the parties involved in the conversation is aware it is being recorded. that means, for any call i make or receive in my state from someone in my state, i can record it.

it isn't a Federal law in the USA, each individual state determines their own laws about this.

LOL, do you mean a part of the world like the United States, where doing so is perfectly legal? And no, you don't have to notify the other party, at least not in my state.

Quote Originally Posted by dbottomley View Post
    LOL, do you mean a part of the world like the United States, where doing so is perfectly legal? And no, you don't have to notify the other party, at least not in my state.
    Some states you do have to notify the other person, it's a state by state law. In my state though, like yours, only one person has to know.