Texting Alert

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I have read quite a few ways to have TEXT/message notification ringtone. I have tried it all but nothing works. I set up a file under my SDcard and the alert is there but I have NO WAY of getting it to alert for incoming text messages. Everytime I attempt to set it, it will not let me, so I am stuck with the Android basic alerts, which SUCK!
anyway to do this? I have gone to messages, to menu and to ringtone under notification, and even though it is under ZEDGE ringtones, it WILL NOT let me set it, I click on it and the green dot shows up but when I go to actually set it, nothing. any ideaS? thanks:(

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i have an app called rings extended. its not an actual ringtone app. all it does is give you access to all your files when you select a ringtone. so you would go to messaging, settings, then when you click on notification ringtone, a menu will pop thay will say android system, music player, or my files (or whatever the name of your file explorer is, mine is root explorer). just use your file explorer or music player to select the tone. also when you click set on zedge and it turns green, thats for incoming calls ring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Try Ringdroid too... Ringtones and Notifications are different formats of audio files. Get Ringdroid, open that file with Ringdroid and SAVE it as a Notification. Then select the notification version. I suspect you may be trying to set a ringtone as a notification (which are different and you cannot mix).

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
No, I know the difference between a ring tone & notification tone. I chose several text messaging notification sounds from ZEDGE, and I have them in a notification file in My files under SD card but I cannot access them for a messaging alert. I will try your option. thanks

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
have you tried setting them through zedge?

in zedge, click downloads, then notification sounds, then click on your sound, then hit the little circle button on the left side, then select notification sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC