Can't add a contact anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickask

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I can no longer add a contact on my Captivate w/ android 2.2. If I am in contacts and select the menu, there is no longer an option to add a new contact. Also, if I hit a phone number or text message to add to contacts, it goes to the contacts list but nothing has been added.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
try going into your phone dialer, typing in the number. then right below the number is their a button that says "add to contacts"?

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
in contacts hit menu, then display options. See if your phone and sim contacts are both visible. You may be saving it to one and only having the other visible.

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
How about this. Go to contacts. Hit the Plus sign on the left side of the search box at the top. Let me know if that works.

MakaiOokami

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Step 1: www.gmail.com
Step 2: Contacts
Step 3: add to "My Contacts"

give it a few minutes, refresh, power cycle the phone... what ever. It'll push the info to your phone. So if something happens to your phone, all your contacts are back on immediately upon activating your new android phone.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
While in your Contacts list, hit MENU-MORE-SETTINGS. Make sure SAVE NEW CONTACTS TO has GOOGLE selected. You can also tweak the view settings to make sure you are only seeing your Google contacts (or whatever you need) with MENU-DISPLAY OPTIONS while in CONTACTS. Ideally, in my opinion, your only contacts should be Google ones. Your SIM and PHONE should have nothing in it. No chance of any loss this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21