Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default rooted update.zip file wont work for me

Hey everyone. So i am really new to the hole rooting thing. But i did root my phone by watching one of the youtube videos. But now when i go to recovery mode to install a rom and i click on reinstall packages a code comes up in red and wont let me go past that part....i think its because of the update.zip file. Can someone plz help me. I have a samsung captivate and im running 2.2
    Last edited by connerpeters; 06-07-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

What does the red code say? To install a ROM, you have to have Clockworkmod installed, and that requires an extra step on Froyo. Not sure how you're ending up with red code though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ls377 View Post
    What does the red code say? To install a ROM, you have to have Clockworkmod installed, and that requires an extra step on Froyo. Not sure how you're ending up with red code though.
    I did the rom manger thing where you click on clockwork mod. whats the extra step?

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by connerpeters View Post
    I did the rom manger thing where you click on clockwork mod. whats the extra step?
    You have to remove the signed files check from 3e recovery. Here's a link: [RECOVERY] 3e Recovery Modded w/ No Verification - xda-developers