Who else loves this phone?
07-24-2011 11:38 PM
- I just wanted to say that even though there are alot of newer phones, I still love my captivate and am not looking to trade up anytime soon. The size is perfect, anything smaller feels too small in my hands now, even though it used to feel like a beast in my hands. I held the infuse and it felt just too big. I still consider this phone high end, even though we now have dual core phones. I was just wondering, who else here still loves this phone and isnt ready to give it up yet?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk06-14-2011 11:50 AM
- I also love my cappy. I have thought about making my next phone a SGS II or Infuse, however i'm not interested in updating any time soon. This phone is absolutely wonderful. I have rooted it and am running Mosaic V (gingerbread) created by Team Phoenix. You can find it on the XDA forums.07-03-2011 09:47 AM
- Hello fellow Cappies if I my borrow from Bibleprof. I am right there with you on this one. I also love my Captivate. I used to long for a second camera and and dual core would be nice, but when it comes down to usefulness , functionality, and slick design; we have one cool device. I had it wrapped in different cases and covers but that takes away the perfect feel in my hand. I proudly have the screen timeout set to 10 minutes and lay it down on a table/desk/counter to show off the wonderful brightness.07-06-2011 06:34 AM
- All it was missing is a front facing camera, camera flash, working GPS and a current software version- all of which were standard equipment on the equivalent phones of the day...other than those glaring omissions by at&t (trying unsuccessfully to keep competition away from the iPhone) it's a nice device.07-06-2011 07:52 AM
- I love the amount of storage space on the captivate and the ability to hardware accelerate most any video file I can find. I like the beautiful 4inch screen, microsd hot swap, and now that I installed this custom battery, awesome battery life.
Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk07-06-2011 05:34 PM
- I've been looking around for awhile, trying to decide which of the new/upcoming phones I wanted, and honestly, none of them are worth dropping $500 on. The cappy does everything I need it to, rarely slows down, and is still one of the best looking phones out there. Nothing out there impresses me enough (yet) to get rid of it.07-06-2011 08:13 PM
- It is not going to get fixed- it is not a software issue. It can get obfuscated, for better or worse... or it may work fine once in a while. The inconsistent GPS is a "feature" of a solid percentage of captivates. If yours doesn't work, complain and trade it in until you get one that does, or buy a bluetooth GPS receiver for $35. But do not wait around for a fix, because there isn't one.07-24-2011 10:01 AM
- i agree... i got this phone when i didn't know a whole lot about android, and i think i hit an unknowing home run, with it's hackability and unlockable bootloader, etc. now that i have this, the only thing i would upgrade to is a nexus, and since i'm running CM7 my cappy's basically the same thing as the nexus s, so i'm thinking upgrade to next nexus whenever that comes out07-24-2011 01:31 PM
- i agree... i got this phone when i didn't know a whole lot about android, and i think i hit an unknowing home run, with it's hackability and unlockable bootloader, etc. now that i have this, the only thing i would upgrade to is a nexus, and since i'm running CM7 my cappy's basically the same thing as the nexus s, so i'm thinking upgrade to next nexus whenever that comes out
Sent from my extremely awesome Captivate.07-24-2011 11:01 PM
- My GPS sucked at first 11 months ago-thought I'd gotten a bad unit. I used GPS fix apps, still didn't work real great. Now it's almost scary right on, I have a stretched out ranch style house and it points to the chair I'm in!
Works good while driving for my job in a 200 mile radius, it's like it just took a awhile to kick in. Maybe more satellite coverage, I live in a low population Indian Territory middle America place.07-24-2011 11:38 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- AT&T Captivate
Who else loves this phone?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD