Earphone microphone compatibility?

guthrie

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Captivate - generally like it, but have problems with earphone microphone.

I used an iPhone earphone set, and all works great, bu tI want ear-buds style (the Apple ones fall out of my ears, and hove no sound isolation).

I bought 2 sets of Sony (iPhone, iPad, ..) earphones, and the audio out works fine, but the microphone works not at all, or maybe at a 5% level at best (imprecise testing!). I then bought a second pair of the Sony's, same result.

But, I tried the Sony's on an iPhone, and they work fine.

SO - confusing, both types work on iPhone, but only Apple ones work on my Captivate.

Any ideas or suggestions?

digitalexplr

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Ate you sure the Sony are fully pushed in? I thought mine weren't working but just had to push them in a bit more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Infuse using Tapatalk

guthrie

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - I don't know what you mean - "3-button headsets".

The Apple headsets do work, and these seem functionally to e the same - four section plugs, a +/- loudness control, and a microphone in the control part of the headset cord.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - I don't know what you mean - "3-button headsets".

The Apple headsets do work, and these seem functionally to e the same - four section plugs, a +/- loudness control, and a microphone in the control part of the headset cord.

There are 3 buttons on an apple headset; +/- and one in the middle that pauses/plays/skips tracks on the iPhone/iPod.

guthrie

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
There are 3 buttons on an apple headset; +/- and one in the middle that pauses/plays/skips tracks on the iPhone/iPod.
Ah - interesting. One of my Sony's "sorta" works, it just has very low volume. The other one (looks 98% the same) has no volume. They are both as you describe 3-button headphones, for iPhones.
Where did you get the information that this type is not compatible with Android? The phone store (BBuy) told me they all should work fine! :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers