I will be leaving the iPhone for the Galaxy Note 2

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I will be leaving iPhone as well. If not for the note II then for a Nexus device. Still undecided. Any input from anyone?

I'd say nexus is the best experience I've had. Stock android no worrying about when u will get updates if u get the unlocked from the Google play store. No skins slowing things down. And I say this over recent phones I've had like razr,note,gs2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I will be leaving iPhone as well. If not for the note II then for a Nexus device. Still undecided. Any input from anyone?

Did you jailbreak your iPhone? If so I'd look at the gs3 note 2 or the new optimus G, the dev community will support all 3with aosp/aokp ROMs. Give you the same stock experience as a nexus device. But if not. I'd get a nexus. But not the gnex if you like to take pictures.

jblack_10

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Of course, IOS is unbearable without being jailbroken. I actually tried to give stock IOS a chance for about 2 months and I had to jailbreak it. I'm not a fan of manufacturer skins on Android. My GN2 will be rooted and run unskinned Jelly Bean. I can't wait. The Optimus G is sick. ICS instead of Jelly Bean and the squared/blocky look of the Optimus G scared me away. I was also hoping to see HTC release a One X+ released today

Last edited:

ba_hamilton

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
You won't regret the gnex. I've got jellybean 4.1.1 on it and it's a much nicer than ics. And where I live vzw's 4g is blazing fast. Very nice experience.

tetsuo

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
my piece of advice, be sure that you don't mind carrying a gnote around in a pocket. i had the original one and like it, but it was just too big. as dumb as it sounds, it was fine when i got it, but i got started exercising and losing weight and smaller jeans meant smaller pockets and it just got too be too much. sold it and picked up a gnex and haven't regretted it at all.

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget, jblack, that even without rooting and installing a custom ROM you can download an install a 3rd-party launcher if you don't like the way a particular manufacturer's "skin" looks. I'm currently running NOVA Launcher on my HTC 3vo. That's an ICS-based launcher that looks pretty much like stock, but give you a ton of customization options. And your new Note 2 will let you do that out of the box, with no hacking :)

I plan to be standing in line for the Note 2, also, come November. Welcome to Android :)

"You've just taken your first step into a larger world."

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've got a n00b question, but the OP said he planned to root, and load stock JB on to the device. Would the stylus still work that way?

cjbrigol

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've got a n00b question, but the OP said he planned to root, and load stock JB on to the device. Would the stylus still work that way?

I'm actually wondering this myself. I've always rooted my phones (G1, HD2, G2, Vibrant, GS2) but I'm planning on keeping the Note 2 stock. I want the stylus fully functional, and I feel like it would be stupid to root the Note 2. I'd also be happy not having to deal with rooting and all that. It's fun, but most of the time I want my phone to just work. We'll see if touchwiz lags it up too much, I may not have a choice.

jblack_10

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, everyone has the right to do as they choose with the device they've paid for with their own money. I will be rooted, running stock Jelly Bean.

Last edited:

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The device is coming with JB installed

With the TouchWiz skin. I for one don't mind it because I load Nova Launcher and call it a day, but some people need the pure Google experience. Really thinking about selling my SIII for this device.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
With the TouchWiz skin. I for one don't mind it because I load Nova Launcher and call it a day, but some people need the pure Google experience. Really thinking about selling my SIII for this device.

With the quad core large battery and 2gb of ram it is the most future proof phone on the horizon

Syfaro

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving my iPhone 4 for a Note II - the specs, screen size, multitasking all look amazing.

I'm a tad but worried about my grandfathered unlimited data plan, though...

aihsela

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm a tad but worried about my grandfathered unlimited data plan, though...

Same here. I've been keeping track of how much data I've been using over the last few months. I'm hoping that will give me an idea of what kind of plan I'll need. Still makes me uneasy not having unlimited. Sprint has unlimited (here) but I have AT&T (work discount).