Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default I will be leaving the iPhone for the Galaxy Note 2

The specs!!!! Need I say more?

Default Re: I will be leaving the iPhone for the Galaxy Note 2

I will be leaving iPhone as well. If not for the note II then for a Nexus device. Still undecided. Any input from anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMTtakeover View Post
    I will be leaving iPhone as well. If not for the note II then for a Nexus device. Still undecided. Any input from anyone?
    I'd say nexus is the best experience I've had. Stock android no worrying about when u will get updates if u get the unlocked from the Google play store. No skins slowing things down. And I say this over recent phones I've had like razr,note,gs2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Do it, you won't regret.
    Much better than the mediocre upgrades from Apple.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by TheMTtakeover View Post
    Did you jailbreak your iPhone? If so I'd look at the gs3 note 2 or the new optimus G, the dev community will support all 3with aosp/aokp ROMs. Give you the same stock experience as a nexus device. But if not. I'd get a nexus. But not the gnex if you like to take pictures.
    Privacy is overrated :P
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Of course, IOS is unbearable without being jailbroken. I actually tried to give stock IOS a chance for about 2 months and I had to jailbreak it. I'm not a fan of manufacturer skins on Android. My GN2 will be rooted and run unskinned Jelly Bean. I can't wait. The Optimus G is sick. ICS instead of Jelly Bean and the squared/blocky look of the Optimus G scared me away. I was also hoping to see HTC release a One X+ released today
    Last edited by jblack_10; 09-19-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.0.4

You won't regret the gnex. I've got jellybean 4.1.1 on it and it's a much nicer than ics. And where I live vzw's 4g is blazing fast. Very nice experience.
    Galaxy Nexus
    Dinc2
    Nexus 7 - rooted

my piece of advice, be sure that you don't mind carrying a gnote around in a pocket. i had the original one and like it, but it was just too big. as dumb as it sounds, it was fine when i got it, but i got started exercising and losing weight and smaller jeans meant smaller pockets and it just got too be too much. sold it and picked up a gnex and haven't regretted it at all.

Sounds like the issue is that you need to get fat again. Problem solved! :P
    Thanked by:
    blaze5 

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Don't forget, jblack, that even without rooting and installing a custom ROM you can download an install a 3rd-party launcher if you don't like the way a particular manufacturer's "skin" looks. I'm currently running NOVA Launcher on my HTC 3vo. That's an ICS-based launcher that looks pretty much like stock, but give you a ton of customization options. And your new Note 2 will let you do that out of the box, with no hacking

I plan to be standing in line for the Note 2, also, come November. Welcome to Android

"You've just taken your first step into a larger world."
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Thanks for the welcome. I'm excited.

I've got a n00b question, but the OP said he planned to root, and load stock JB on to the device. Would the stylus still work that way?
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    I've got a n00b question, but the OP said he planned to root, and load stock JB on to the device. Would the stylus still work that way?
    I'm actually wondering this myself. I've always rooted my phones (G1, HD2, G2, Vibrant, GS2) but I'm planning on keeping the Note 2 stock. I want the stylus fully functional, and I feel like it would be stupid to root the Note 2. I'd also be happy not having to deal with rooting and all that. It's fun, but most of the time I want my phone to just work. We'll see if touchwiz lags it up too much, I may not have a choice.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

In my opinion, everyone has the right to do as they choose with the device they've paid for with their own money. I will be rooted, running stock Jelly Bean.
    Last edited by jblack_10; 09-26-2012 at 07:12 PM.

The device is coming with JB installed

I have the iPhone 5 now and might give it to my Gf and get the note 2 since I always wanted the of note.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    The device is coming with JB installed

With the TouchWiz skin. I for one don't mind it because I load Nova Launcher and call it a day, but some people need the pure Google experience. Really thinking about selling my SIII for this device.

With the TouchWiz skin. I for one don't mind it because I load Nova Launcher and call it a day, but some people need the pure Google experience. Really thinking about selling my SIII for this device.
    With the quad core large battery and 2gb of ram it is the most future proof phone on the horizon

hummingbirdhill likes this.

I'm leaving my iPhone 4 for a Note II - the specs, screen size, multitasking all look amazing.

I'm a tad but worried about my grandfathered unlimited data plan, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Syfaro View Post

I'm a tad but worried about my grandfathered unlimited data plan, though...
    Same here. I've been keeping track of how much data I've been using over the last few months. I'm hoping that will give me an idea of what kind of plan I'll need. Still makes me uneasy not having unlimited. Sprint has unlimited (here) but I have AT&T (work discount).
    Current iPhone 4S owner, switching to Note II by Feb '13

Quote Originally Posted by aihsela View Post
    Same here. I've been keeping track of how much data I've been using over the last few months. I'm hoping that will give me an idea of what kind of plan I'll need. Still makes me uneasy not having unlimited. Sprint has unlimited (here) but I have AT&T (work discount).
    I've used about 1GB in two days. I really need my unlimited data plan :P

I have AT&T and grandfathered data plan, I just switched from iPhone 4S to the Note about two months ago and I still have unlimited data.

ROM
    Arc CM9 nightly

get the note 2, it's bigger but at least the dimensions are just fine, iphone is just following the size of the LG chocolate lol

With the quad core large battery and 2gb of ram it is the most future proof phone on the horizon

Honestly I've just always loved the form factor of the note. I've been able to sell my phones quickly, but I'm extremely satisfied with the large screen of the SIII, yet the idea that Samsung has managed to keep this phone portable. Decisions, decisions...

Agreed, The note II should be good for the next 3-4 years especially since it has Jelly Bean on it.
    After I get this phone, I may just go ahead and cancel my postpaid account and go pre-paid and save some money.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast