Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

Default Re: AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

I ordered mine! My order says will arrive on or before 11/9/12. Can't wait!
    Last edited by planoman; 10-24-2012 at 11:59 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yay for you!!!! I've not ordered mine because white isn't yet available. Perhaps it'll be "magically" added by the time I awake around 5:00 in the morn

PLEASE keep us posted on your shipping!
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

lucky, i just spent 30 mins on the phone with their CS bc when i tried to order online, it kept giving me a funky error. long story short, the note 2 is no longer in their system. guess the page wasn't supposed to go up so soon. d'oh

I'm getting ready to leave my Skyrocket behind. I may wait a little before I preorder my new phone.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by aclerk View Post
    lucky, i just spent 30 mins on the phone with their CS bc when i tried to order online, it kept giving me a funky error. long story short, the note 2 is no longer in their system. guess the page wasn't supposed to go up so soon. d'oh
    So, did you order through cs???
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

nope. so frustrating....it finally went through as i tried again. now i can replace my broken galaxy note 2. must find a good case now.
    Last edited by aclerk; 10-25-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: more info
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I ordered mine early this morn! But I had to order gray because AT&T doesn't have the white available online (yet at least). If anyone in here notices that white becomes available, please post so I can cancel my gray order and get the white.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

WoooHoo I just placed my order. This will be my first Smart phone It shows a ship date of Nov. 6th

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

mine too! the wait time might kill me lol

Quote Originally Posted by X1buellist View Post
    WoooHoo I just placed my order. This will be my first Smart phone It shows a ship date of Nov. 6th

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I stopped by the ATT "flagship" store in my area this afternoon. Absolutely clueless sales rep. Had no idea online pre-orders were available.
    "Wow, it's even got a stylus." He turns the monitor so I can see a picture of the phone. Great customer service.
    lespaul likes this.

Global Posts
    1,277 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Well, I, as I said before live in downtown Boston, so it's easy for me to get to a few AT&T stores, and I have decided just to waltz into one on November 9. Since I will be transferring one non-upgradable phone account (the one I presently have my SG3 on) to my upgradable account...well, it will all be easier to do in person. I checked in yesterday at the T Mobile store nearby, and the Note 2's are in stock. As popular as these devices are, they are still, you might say, a "niche" item. I don't think people will be waiting in line, resulting in a sell out on launch day, like an iPhone 5. I was out to dinner with my family the other night, including my brother, who is one of those ultimate Apple fanboys (he bought an iPhone 5 on day one, for instance). He said he could sooner vote for [I won't mention the name, just insert the name of anyone you consider to be unthinkable to vote for] than buy a Samsung (or any non-Apple) device. You see, I am a device junkie, and I'd buy anything if the specs are right and the price is right. I think most of us who want the new Note like the functionality, the hardware, all that great stuff under the hood - but it's not a religion to us. Thank God.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Living in Boston we can guess the name of who he would rather vote for rather than buy a Samsung! It is just the opposite where I live in DFW! I could be wrong but probably not... however we can both still enjoy the latest and greatest the tech world has to offer!
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Ya, the opposite of most Arkansans too!

All I can think of now is November 6---shipping date for my Note II! Yahoo!
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Overnight? Re: AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

Hi,

I also pre-ordered it with AT&T, on the 25th. Tried at midnight, to get it over with; however, the page timed out when doing my CC, so I decided to call in the morning. This was to ensure no order was placed/it was placed. Either way, I wanted them to WAIVE the 36$ upgrade fee. The customer service lady did waive my fee after checking my account history, so that was good. However, it would not be reflected until the order processes, I think.

In anycase, you MUST pre-order on the website. Customer service cannot do it over the phone, for whatever reason. Cost about 330$, with my plan (unlimited data + 200 msg) and the overnight (15$) fee.

I just hope 'overnight' means overnight...and is not just taking more of my money because it's something they do for other phone/accessory orders. Nov 9th is either a hard date OR I get it on the 7th?

OT: Yes, that would be a nice follow up to a big US election (no more ads!). We finally can have an administration that doesn't completely obfuscate what happened in Benghazi (as many of us KNEW the facts within 24-48 hours and speculate why the current administration could possibly NOT have known this).

Global Posts
    1,277 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Living in Boston we can guess the name of who he would rather vote for rather than buy a Samsung! It is just the opposite where I live in DFW! I could be wrong but probably not... however we can both still enjoy the latest and greatest the tech world has to offer!
    That's why I didn't mention the name, so we wouldn't divide ourselves along political lines.We're talkin' tech here.

(By the way, I agree with my brother politically)
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Re: Overnight? Re: AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dponte View Post
    ..................Cost about 330$, with my plan (unlimited data + 200 msg) and the overnight (15$) fee. I just hope 'overnight' means overnight...and is not just taking more of my money because it's something they do for other phone/accessory orders. Nov 9th is either a hard date OR I get it on the 7th?
    I ordered mine last night. I saw the free "priority" shipping and the overnight shipping for $15. I hesitated, but went with the free route. It is hard to know if they meant priority to be USPS priority which is normally two to three days. Time will tell. I got the "We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment........ We’ll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order ships. . " e-mail. I guess we will know when we get the tracking numbers.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Default Re: Overnight? Re: AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtucker View Post
    I ordered mine last night. I saw the free "priority" shipping and the overnight shipping for $15. I hesitated, but went with the free route. It is hard to know if they meant priority to be USPS priority which is normally two to three days. Time will tell. I got the "We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment........ We’ll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order ships. . " e-mail. I guess we will know when we get the tracking numbers.
    My pre-order receipt page said 'twill be shipped via 2-day fedex.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

Ordered mine on the phone yesterday, premiere acct. Ship date on order says 11/6 also. I thought they were going to carry 32 and 64GB versions, but not available so I went Gray- $299 on 2 yr. upgrade.

Planoman- I flew back home this morning from DFW to ATL- a cold wind for October in Dallas!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by That70sGAdawg View Post
    Ordered mine on the phone yesterday, premiere acct. Ship date on order says 11/6 also. I thought they were going to carry 32 and 64GB versions, but not available so I went Gray- $299 on 2 yr. upgrade.
    Wow, you're the first (posted) to order by phone! I attempted to do that, but even with my premiere account, 'twas required to order online---which is now MUCH simpler than in the past.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and NOTEd 2

Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    That's why I didn't mention the name, so we wouldn't divide ourselves along political lines.We're talkin' tech here.

(By the way, I agree with my brother politically)
    I still like your taste in phones and tech! lol!
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Check your order status...or is it just me? Re: AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

ummm, this is apparently my order when I check back on the 'Order Status Detail' page of my account on AT&T Wireless.

Needless to say, I have to call them tommorrow, as customer service is closed and the options to check any details of your orders was non-existent. Great.

The order # is correct. It was cropped on purpose, shipment status was 'processing', and the date said the order was on the 26th. Obviously, there is also the 'Replacement Micro-SIM' addition.

Interesting, because I printed out a hard copy of my order on the 25th at 12:18 PM(EDT). Everything there was correct. I was looking for an update to my shipping, to denote who the delivery company would be, and perhaps any other details. One reply mentioned they saw Fed-Ex on their pre-order page, I did not see any on the print out/when I had pre-ordered it.

AT&T:  pre-order page up!!!!-wtf-copy.jpg

CORRECTION: ignore this...user error!
    Last edited by dponte; 10-27-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: correction - user error!

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: Check your order status...or is it just me? Re: AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

Update: I also received an order confrimation email (that was detailed like my receipt) on the 25th and another email on the 26th that said it had begun processing (with little detail). I called AT&T today and had the cs person tell me what she saw in the system. She confirmed it was the one item (note2) and the change in service from iPhone data to LTE plan.

Sounds OK. But I will check back later this week, anyway.

CORRECTION: ignore this too...user error!
    Last edited by dponte; 10-27-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: correction - user error!

Default Re: Check your order status...or is it just me? Re: AT&T: pre-order page up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dponte View Post
    Update: I also received an order confrimation email (that was detailed like my receipt) on the 25th and another email on the 26th that said it had begun processing (with little detail). I called AT&T today and had the cs person tell me what she saw in the system. She confirmed it was the one item (note2) and the change in service from iPhone data to LTE plan.

Sounds OK. But I will check back later this week, anyway.
    The Model number shown is the Galaxy Note 2. The SIM shown here was the same for my SGSIII that I preordered. It seems like they call the micro SIM the Apple or ipad SIM since they were the first to use it. You will have a Micro SIM ship with your phone.

BTW, my pre order shows the same.
    Thanked by:
    dponte 

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    The Model number shown is the Galaxy Note 2. The SIM shown here was the same for my SGSIII that I pre-ordered. It seems like they call the micro SIM the Apple or ipad SIM since they were the first to use it. You will have a Micro SIM ship with your phone.

BTW, my pre order shows the same.
    Yes, thanks, that's right. Sorry for my confusion here.

I was about to edit my posts after finding out that WAS the Note2 model number. One of many floating around, which confused me. ATT has one, Verizon has another, etc and I was thinking about the N7100, etc --some international models that I have been reading about in lue of the US release.

Once I realized that, the SIM item kinda made sense. But, it did help to confuse me at first (as did those default flip-phone pics!). I have never pre-ordered/ordered a phone from AT&T online before. I got the iPhone 3GS from an Apple Store who only had AT&T as a carrier for it at the time, of course.

Being overly-attentive here, to avoid any delivery problems...after all, I've had my small screen, 3GS (which was great at the time, in 2009) and I do not dare put iOS6 on it (with 256MB of RAM)! It will become my first iPod/dedicated iTunes portable music player, after I get the Note 2. Now to find some good migration tools and learn the ropes of backup/restore without iTunes controlling everything.

My friend has the Sprint version, and I've messed around on that over the past couple of days at the office...so, I guess that has fueled my obsession further
    Last edited by dponte; 10-27-2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling :(
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast