Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Ive been with sprint since 2008 and the lack of LTE In my area is really frustrating they keep making promised but I've lost all faith in them is At&t a better alternative I know my work will give me a discount but how is the customer service (technical problems payment extensions) I really want the note 2 but with sprints non existent LTE its pointless

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Yes if at&t has better coverage in your area go for it they have good service I have awesome coverage in my home town make sure your area has good coverage on at&t map tool online I have had great customer service so far been with them since 07 and u can usually pay it late without any problems once the second month starts coming up they will Hound u though and eventually cut u off and u have to reactivate service for a fee of course but I have never had a late fee except one time I did go 2 months and they canceled my voice and data till I paid but I have been happy with them all these years

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessbass View Post
    Yes if at&t has better coverage in your area go for it they have good service I have awesome coverage in my home town make sure your area had good coverage on at&t map tool online

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    They have great service but I was wondering if their customer service was any good this is one of sprints strong areas

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessbass View Post
    Yes if at&t has better coverage in your area go for it they have good service I have awesome coverage in my home town make sure your area has good coverage on at&t map tool online I have had great customer service so far been with them since 07 and u can usually pay it late without any problems once the second month starts coming up they will Hound u though and eventually cut u off and u have to reactivate service for a fee of course but I have never had a late fee except one time I did go 2 months and they canceled my voice and data till I paid but I have been happy with them all these years

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    They have great service but I was wondering if their customer service was any good this is one of sprints strong areas

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Sorry edited my post to answer your question more and also when I first got with them I didn't have enough texts on my package my wife went way over the limit my bill was huge because of it and she called and explained and they got us a better package and erased the overage charges it was cool

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    blaze5 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Oh ok thanks for your help ill be switching once the note 2 releases

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    ATT by far is the best IMHO.... have never had any issues with them.... coverage is great and have never had a dropped call in the past 8yrs I been with them... make the switch and you will not regret it...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    blaze5 
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    I have been with AT&T for over two years, and they have been great! Customer Service is top of the line. Also they are willing to work with you if you are behind on your bill. I would recommend them over the other carriers.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    blaze5 
  9. #9  
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Super-elite full-time dad

    Posts
    274 Posts
    ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    They are only great if they have decent coverage where you are. And then they aren't THAT great. I've had AT&T steal money from my bank and cause me return fees, and when shown proof of their theft they only returned the exact amount they stole, and didn't pay the first fee. They had the bank letterhead where the bank said their withdrawal of $100 to my account caused me 5 fees of $36 each, but they wouldn't even pay half the fees(which is what I asked of them). I tried to be very fair even though the fault was 100% on them. They wouldn't even return calls once I had the bank send them proof. So AT&T can go suck a lemon. if they work well then they are just a good provider in your area, doesn't mean you will be treated with the respect Sprint has for their customers.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    The thing I love about sprint is that if I can't pay my bill they say ok and give me an extra month to pay it off but that's rare I've only done that twice in my 4 years with but its good to know I can do it as far as at&t goes I've never had them so I want to know if I was to run into some financial problems would they be willing to make a payment arrangement of some kind

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    They are only great if they have decent coverage where you are. And then they aren't THAT great. I've had AT&T steal money from my bank and cause me return fees, and when shown proof of their theft they only returned the exact amount they stole, and didn't pay the first fee. They had the bank letterhead where the bank said their withdrawal of $100 to my account caused me 5 fees of $36 each, but they wouldn't even pay half the fees(which is what I asked of them). I tried to be very fair even though the fault was 100% on them. They wouldn't even return calls once I had the bank send them proof. So AT&T can go suck a lemon. if they work well then they are just a good provider in your area, doesn't mean you will be treated with the respect Sprint has for their customers.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    This has me thinking I need good customer service support

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    munnarg's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    Ive been with sprint since 2008 and the lack of LTE In my area is really frustrating they keep making promised but I've lost all faith in them is At&t a better alternative I know my work will give me a discount but how is the customer service (technical problems payment extensions) I really want the note 2 but with sprints non existent LTE its pointless

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    I'm in the same boat my friend. I've been fed up with Sprint for a while now, and this LTE situation has made it much worse. I just can't seem to decide whether I want another GS3 on AT&T or the Galaxy Note II. I guess I'll pay Sprint a visit today and see if I can get a feel for the size of it before I make my decision. Either way, I don't think I'll be a Sprint customer for much longer. Plus, AT&T LTE gets around 53Mbps at my job, and about 25Mbps in the mall downtown. That's good enough for me .
  13. #13  
    munnarg's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    This has me thinking I need good customer service support

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
    It kinda depends on who you speak to in each instance, as I've dealt with some real d@#ks at Sprint too.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Quote Originally Posted by munnarg View Post
    I'm in the same boat my friend. I've been fed up with Sprint for a while now, and this LTE situation has made it much worse. I just can't seem to decide whether I want another GS3 on AT&T or the Galaxy Note II. I guess I'll pay Sprint a visit today and see if I can get a feel for the size of it before I make my decision. Either way, I don't think I'll be a Sprint customer for much longer. Plus, AT&T LTE gets around 53Mbps at my job, and about 25Mbps in the mall downtown. That's good enough for me .
    You see thats what I need where I live (Rhode island) we have LTE with At&T and my brother has gotten similar speeds and I don't really care about going over the 3gb/5gb data limit because at my house and my job I have WiFi but when I use my data I need it to be fast

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  
    munnarg's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Oh sh!t, I'm in North Providence lol.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Quote Originally Posted by munnarg View Post
    Oh sh!t, I'm in North Providence lol.
    Lol I'm in providence but work in warwick and I know at&t speeds are good all over

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    My co-worker has the S3 on at&t and there service is great...I was playing with her phone recently..and it is lighting fast with the LTE..just don't understand why sprint is taking so long with this process, this is the longest project ever!!!

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3
    EVOLICIOUSSSSSS
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkChic View Post
    My co-worker has the S3 on at&t and there service is great...I was playing with her phone recently..and it is lighting fast with the LTE..just don't understand why sprint is taking so long with this process, this is the longest project ever!!!

    Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3
    It is and when I ask them questions they always give me different answers I have to wait till next fall for LTE in my area with sprint I can't wait that long

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  
    six8's Avatar

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

    Default Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    I just switched from sprint to AT&T. Service and signal is so much better!
  20. #20  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    All I know is I had lost my old job and sprint kept my phone on till I got back on my feet I'll never leave

    Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  
    nrm5110's Avatar

    Posts
    815 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    I left sprint after my evo I live in Indianapolis and was only pulling like 100kbps so I said no more. AT&T has been great for me from a speed standpoint but I do miss unlimited data as 5gigs isnt nearly big enough lol.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Thanks for all the help

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  23. #23  
    dponte's Avatar

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    It all depends on where you are and where you use your phone...of course, right?

    That should be your priority. I have AT&T and it's great here in DC.

    Here is an interesting blog post on the carriers and the Note2. Interesting points. As well as this one, which I have heard before:


    ATT fails over to HSPA+ if no 4G LTE/as you leave 4G LTE areas…that’s enabled in their chipset. I’ve read this before in greater detail, but the article I sent you did mention it.

    Finally, a nice perk that the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 offers is the fact that it runs on both of AT&T’s 4G networks. That means that while it runs on 4G LTE, it will run on HSPA+ where 4G LTE isn’t available. HSPA+ is much faster than regular old 3G and 3G is where Sprint and Verizon’s Galaxy Note 2 will run should 4G LTE not be available.


    Other carriers do not do this. Verizon falls back on CDMA 3G. Sprint has more coverage than T Mobile, but far less than ATT/VZW it seems. However, Sprint is ok in some metro areas, like DC, so it depends on your location.

    Tmobile is also planning to have LTE…but, again, is nowhere near the coverage as the big 2.

    Here is T-Mobile’s full statement in regards to the capabilities of the Galaxy Note 2:

    The Galaxy Note II features a Qualcomm 9215M chipset which provides the hardware capability to support both HSPA+42 and LTE. T-Mobile plans to reach more than 200 million Americans with LTE by the end of 2013. The Galaxy Note II will not automatically access T-Mobile’s LTE network. We will share more information on how and when the Galaxy Note II will support T-Mobile’s upcoming LTE network when the network is available.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    OP: If you can, switch to T-Mobile. Their 3G HSPA+ network is excellent (coverage permitting of course) and their version of the Galaxy NOTE II will support LTE. You can also get truly unlimited data from them too. If you absolutely need LTE right now and AT&T has the coverage switch to them. In my opinion, T-Mobile is the better of the two GSM networks. Its the little things that I like from them such as, being able to actually use my internet while on a call. AT&T now throttles everyone during calls. You can also turn 3G/4G off on T-Mobile and use 2G only for some killer battery life.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    blaze5's Avatar

    Posts
    397 Posts
    Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

    Default Re: Should I switch from sprint to at&t

    Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    OP: If you can, switch to T-Mobile. Their 3G HSPA+ network is excellent (coverage permitting of course) and their version of the Galaxy NOTE II will support LTE. You can also get truly unlimited data from them too. If you absolutely need LTE right now and AT&T has the coverage switch to them. In my opinion, T-Mobile is the better of the two GSM networks. Its the little things that I like from them such as, being able to actually use my internet while on a call. AT&T now throttles everyone during calls. You can also turn 3G/4G off on T-Mobile and use 2G only for some killer battery life.
    I actually considered tmobile but in my area its horrible

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Switch from Sprint to Verizon?
    By delthor7 in forum Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 04:08 PM
  2. I won a Rezound, should I switch from Att to Verizon?
    By wildjoeking in forum Verizon HTC Rezound
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 02:01 AM
  3. Should I Switch From Blackberry to Android or iPhone?
    By shopinchic83 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
  4. Switching from Sprint to T-Mobile - Question
    By clue in forum HTC myTouch 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 06:06 PM
  5. Considering switching from Sprint to T-Mobile for N1 - Thoughts?
    By doctorwho#ac in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 05:00 PM

Posting Permissions

B