Coming from iPhone

cafleming1987

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

After 4 iPhone 5's with various issues (scratched out of the box, static noise when calling, defective batteries), I have decided I am fed up and going to see if the grass is greener on this side. It has been a long time since I have had a Android phone, last one being a Droid 2. I am assuming that the Android platform has made leaps and bounds since then and I am ready to give it another shot. I have...kinda sorta made up my mind to go with the Note 2. I have read reviews and it seems like it is going to be a very nice device, but of course I am worried about the size. I am thinking my best bet would be to head into a AT&T store to handle the Note 1, so I can have a real idea what I'll be dealing with. Anyway, is there anything I should be concerned about switching from iOS to Android? Let me say that I am heavily invested into Apple, but they really flopped with the iP5 IMO. My biggest concern is the Note 2 being able to sync with my iMac for photos and what not. Any ideas and or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks everyone :)

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
The cool thing about android is that they have programs for everything. If you download Doubletwist you can sync all your pics and videos almost like iTunes and an iPhone do it.
As far as the Note 2. If you want the Note 2 go look at a Note 2. The size is a bit different from the 1. The user interface is so easy that you'll pick up on things pretty fast. Android is still Android. I would suggest going to T-Mobile and checking out their plans. Their value plans are really good and if you're in their coverage you'll love the service. Personal experience. Hope this helps!

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
As far as the Note 2. If you want the Note 2 go look at a Note 2. The size is a bit different from the 1. The user interface is so easy that you'll pick up on things pretty fast.

I would encourage anyone to call stores ahead of time to see if they have live demo's. While debating a few phones I went into Best Buy and AT&T only to find the majority of the demos have a plastic sticker or whatever showing you what the UI looks like. I was only able to find an SG3 that was active which I could mess around with and get a feel for. It may not have led to my ultimate decision but I did end up buying it over the others.

cafleming1987

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the advice. As far as T-Mobile, I am fairly certain that I would like to stick with AT&T. We are moving back to Michigan soon, and we will be able to bundle our wireless service with their U-Verse. Anyway, I will hold out until the stores get live demos in to check it out. I do not have a tablet anymore (my iPad gathered too much dust :p) so I am thinking that the Note 2 could be a nice compromise.

losmorob

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
If you can't wait another week or so, go to a T-Mobile store and check out a live demo. I did, was impressed, and now waiting for ATT.

cafleming1987

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is...WOW. I went to the T-Mobile store and fell in love with the Note 2. The size did not bother me at all, in fact that 5.5 inch screen is what I like most about it. I almost switched to T-Mobile, but their service is pretty spotty up in the area of Michigan we are moving to. Now I just have to try and be patient until Friday :).

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Great. Glad you fell in love. No matter the phone, the android OS is head and shoulders above iOS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

cafleming1987

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am beginning to realize that. I cannot wait to pick up my phone Friday, looking forward to spending time customizing all of those home screens :). Just from the short time I had the Note 2 in my hands, it was apparent that I was missing allot.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Unrelated and stupid question, can I take my nano sim out of my iPhone 5 and place it oh so right in the note and it will work? Without an adapter while that is currently being shipped to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cafleming1987

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Unrelated and stupid question, can I take my nano sim out of my iPhone 5 and place it oh so right in the note and it will work? Without an adapter while that is currently being shipped to me.

I doubt it, but I could be wrong. Would it be possible for you to head into a corporate AT&T store? They will give you a sim that fits at no cost.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it, but I could be wrong. Would it be possible for you to head into a corporate AT&T store? They will give you a sim that fits at no cost.

I was more hoping to have the ability of bouncing between phones if I need to.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Why not look at the new Nexus 4. Incredible value and pure Android gets you the updates.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
No LTE is my prob with the nexus.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

I really don't think it is that big of a deal. I tethered 4 devices off of my SGS2 without LTE and it was super fast. I think it is over rated.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I've been spoiled by the speed. Sure some say it's overkill for a mobile device, but I'm use to it. The lack of expandable storage on the Nexus line always hurts as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12