Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Username:
  • 1 Post By ascian5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any reason to quit VZW for AT&T when buying the Note 2?

I'm currently a VZW customer and love the upload speeds (live in DC). I'm getting the Note 2 on either network but is there any reasons to (or not) by going with AT&T over Verizon? I know like for the iPhone, Verizon let's you do FaceTime over 4G and AT&T doesn't... anythings like that I need to know about?

Default Re: Any reason to quit VZW for AT&T when buying the Note 2?

I've been in DC with an iPhone on AT&T, and the signal was good. If you become a new AT&T customer, you'll probably have to sign up for one of their new "shared data" plans, which I believe will allow you to use Facetime over 4G (grandfathered plans do not allow for this). Although I don't yet know how that applies here with the Note 2. Otherwise, Verizon and AT&T are practically the same in my opinion. Every time one of them comes out with a new policy that I disagree with, the other copies it.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

The latest scuttlebutt is that the VZW Note 2 will support the multi-window feature when the phone is released November 27th while the AT&T version will not. The upside for getting the AT&T version is that it should be released and available in you hands by the end of this week.
    ska916jedi likes this.

I wish I could have unlimited Verizon, but I'll take my AT&T unlimited for now.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Does the Note 2 support simultaneous voice and data on VZW? This is something you can do with AT&T on iPhone that you can't with Verizon. Otherwise if Verizon is launching with multi-window, I can't imagine AT&T will be far behind, if at all.
    ska916jedi likes this.