SIM card IS removable...and did anyone see this ATT model 'review' video?

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Saw a review on youtube from "TechnoBuffalo", I linked to the time where the back of the phone is removed. SIM card IS removable on the AT&T models.

Galaxy Note II Unboxing & Hands On (AT&T) - YouTube

That and a lot of folks commented on the lack of headphones in the box the reviewer was given. Not sure if he got it from the NYC event on the 24th. I will not be happy without the headphones/mic as that is what I use for any longterm calls.

Anyway, the review is pretty bad, as it was also an unboxing...just the back cover removal was interesting. He goes over the volume buttons and basic, generic stuff in haste. What makes it worse is that he's apparently reviewed T-Mobile and the N7100 versions, and therefore SHOULD be talking about differences with the AT&T model, in that case. Otherwise, this is a waste of 5 minutes.

Note that Sprint's model does NOT have the SIM removable. I wonder about Verizon. But, I'm on AT&T anyway so I really just wanted to know about their bloatware and if anything else differed thus far (e.g. notification options, speed testing, multi-window...we already can assume is not there, etc).

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't usually use the headphones that come with my phones, but not getting a pair bothers me for some reason.

Glad the sim Is removable, thanks for the link.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
It better come with the headphones / mic! I may return it if it doesn't. I dont want to be the center of attention with this big thing against my face.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone that has an AT&T S3 tell us if that came with headphones? Or perhaps some other accessories that may also be missing? It is true that the 'in-box' tab on AT&T's preorder page for the Note 2 is lacking any headphone mention.

If I got this in-store, I might argue for some headphones. If true, that is ridiculous as the other carriers do include them.
But, mine has been pre-ordered online; so, it's shipping with whatever it's shipping with, on the 6th. So, not sure what to do/expect yet.

Anyone know of headphones that can be used with these...WITH a working mic and perhaps functionality (volume/mute/music controls) akin to what we really should have gotten with this package?

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The Sprint Note II's come with headphones. I don't see the point in giving it a new box and taking away from what Samsung is offering, that being said I hope it's just a random box they decided to send to TB.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone that has an AT&T S3 tell us if that came with headphones? Or perhaps some other accessories that may also be missing? It is true that the 'in-box' tab on AT&T's preorder page for the Note 2 is lacking any headphone mention.

If I got this in-store, I might argue for some headphones. If true, that is ridiculous as the other carriers do include them.
But, mine has been pre-ordered online; so, it's shipping with whatever it's shipping with, on the 6th. So, not sure what to do/expect yet.

Anyone know of headphones that can be used with these...WITH a working mic and perhaps functionality (volume/mute/music controls) akin to what we really should have gotten with this package?

My AT&T S3 came with headphones. So did this one girl's at my school as well.

Sent from my HTC One X

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I just read on another sites Note 2 AT&T post, they asked the same Q about the headphones and a guy who got one on Sprint said it came with them and Sprints site doesn't mention them. He thinks all the carriers come with them. All the unboxing videos I've seen have shown headphones.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, my friend's Sprint model had them too. People on Verizon are lamenting this may be the case with their model as well. Hard to say, with test models. Box contents may be different. The other thing to note is that the box is an AT&T created box and therefore, AT&T repackaged it...so, maybe they reneged on the headphones when they paid Samsung?

Verizon's community forum has a 'tester' talking about a test VZW model (which he has to give back within 3 days) and that it he has CONFIRMED the Samsung mutli-window/task feature is on the VZW model.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/895179#895179

See comment for missing headphones (#547) and by the 'tester' who posted a few times about the Samsung TouchWiz multi-window/tasking feature (#542).

I found these Samsung headphones/earpods that may function well with an S3 and maybe the Note 2: Samsung EHS60 Stereo headset review | Android Central
But, still...hoping I won't need to buy them.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I did some research and the US carriers ALL do NOT depict any headphones in their 'what's included'/'in-the-box' notes for on their respective Note 2 pages.

So, since my friend got one from Sprint with headphones and I think others got them too...AT&T/VZW we don't know about yet...it would seem we are getting them.

The AT&T tester who got the one from the NYC show (and did a horrible test review, but maybe he isn't supposed to reveal much, just test??) could have just gotten a simple setup with charger and that was that...though, the AT&T 'what's in the box' section only had what the tester had when he unboxed it. However, the battery was already in the phone, as he noted...which may be the case for me too, if they install a new SIM card for me, ready to be activated with my phone number, etc (I preordered, overnight mail).

NavyVet420

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
ATT versions did not come with headphones. They would be cheap anyways. Invest in a pair you can use for longer than any one 2 year phone.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
ATT versions did not come with headphones. They would be cheap anyways. Invest in a pair you can use for longer than any one 2 year phone.

I completely agree, I hate cheap headphones, I bought a pair of Shure headphones tonuse while riding motorcycle back in 2007 for $99. I still use them today, and they have been through wash twice, and still work. A good set of headphones is well worth the money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza