1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No commitment price only through pre-order?

Hello great android enthusiast.

I was wondering is it possible to get the Note 2, no commitment price through the corporate store or is it better getting it online?
    I read from some people saying that they do not sell the no commitment price in the store because the employees/store does not make any money/commission off of that.
    I went to a store at a mall, and one of the workers immediately ignored me after I told him that I want to get it for the no commitment price. He told me that they do not sell it unless you upgrade.

Is there a difference between getting it online or in store? (no commitment price)

Also I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the total cost when they pre-ordered the note 2? (tax & fees included)

I appreciate the help.
    Thank you

Default Re: No commitment price only through pre-order?

Hi,

I too am looking to purchase the Galaxy Note 2 at full retail(No commitment), and when I tried to pre-order it online, it would not give the option for me to put an order through unless I am upgrading or adding a second line( Currently I am an AT&T iPhone 2 user and out of contract with them). I spoke to the CS on the phone, and he and his 'team' informed me that it is not possible to purchase the phone at the no commitment price for pre-orders. When I stepped into a retail store, I was informed that they are not able to pre-order the phone for customers....

Does anyone know if AT&T will sell the phone at the no comittment pricing come release day?

By the way, since no comittment pricing is NOT = unlock....... Does anyone know if AT&T will unlock the phone if we purchase at full no comittment pricing? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for reliable unlock sites that will be able to do the unlocking?

Thanks again for any insights!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It doesn't let you pre-order full retail? I thought I saw some people on the forums who was able to do it. I have not pre-order mines yet, but hearing that you can't is not cool.
    Hopefully someone can help clear this up.

I ordered via from Premier at No Comittment pricing. I don't have an upgrade available, perhaps that's why it let me.

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thingsgoboom View Post

I was wondering is it possible to get the Note 2, no commitment price through the corporate store or is it better getting it online?
    I read from some people saying that they do not sell the no commitment price in the store because the employees/store does not make any money/commission off of that.
    I went to a store at a mall, and one of the workers immediately ignored me after I told him that I want to get it for the no commitment price. He told me that they do not sell it unless you upgrade.

Is there a difference between getting it online or in store? (no commitment price)

Also I would appreciate it if someone could tell me the total cost when they pre-ordered the note 2? (tax & fees included)

I appreciate the help.
    Thank you
    Ive never had issues buying for full retail at a corporate store. Make sure it is a corporate store and not an authorized reseller using the AT&T name. I've seen instances where they will not sell unless you are upgrading or are a new customer. They will not make anything otherwise.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    I ordered via from Premier at No Comittment pricing. I don't have an upgrade available, perhaps that's why it let me.
    Matt, if you do not mind, how much was your total cost?

$649.99 phone + tax = $695

Not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie99 View Post
    Ive never had issues buying for full retail at a corporate store. Make sure it is a corporate store and not an authorized reseller using the AT&T name. I've seen instances where they will not sell unless you are upgrading or are a new customer. They will not make anything otherwise.
    I have bought at least a dozen Android smartphones and iPhones at my local AT&T corporate store all at no comittment pricing. Of course I've returned them haha, but I have always gotten an attitutde about it from reps. I had one rep say I was nuts to spend that kind of money on a phone and I should use my early upgrade. After last week I have come to hate ATT store reps with a buring passion. They are arrogant and uneducated on their products. I told one how sad it is when I know more then them. I asked one, what kind of technology AT&T uses and they said, "4G". I laughed.

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    I have bought at least a dozen Android smartphones and iPhones at my local AT&T corporate store all at no comittment pricing. Of course I've returned them haha, but I have always gotten an attitutde about it from reps. I had one rep say I was nuts to spend that kind of money on a phone and I should use my early upgrade. After last week I have come to hate ATT store reps with a buring passion. They are arrogant and uneducated on their products. I told one how sad it is when I know more then them. I asked one, what kind of technology AT&T uses and they said, "4G". I laughed.
    I agree, but the same could be said for most reps for not only AT&T, but VZW, TMO, etc. To most of them, they are just there to collect a paycheck where as tech junkies like us are on forums, internet, etc on our own time studying up on the latest in gadgets and technology whereas most reps are there from 10-5 or whatever hours because they have to be. That's not the case with all of them as I've met some very knowledgeable reps but I'd say 7 out of 10 and that may be a bit consverative.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingsgoboom View Post

I appreciate the help.
    Thank you
    I purchased my galaxy note 2 at a AT&T store full price, no commitment, no issues.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T)

Seems that all depends on the instructions given to each region. No store will sell me without contract so I had to order online.