Pretty Disgusted.....

iDrummer3

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why the GN2 launch and info has been so hit and miss. It's like AT&T and Samsung don't even care. I have called 5 different Best Buys, 4 Walmarts, 5 AT&Ts, and 2 Radioshacks and the only one who even knew when the "official" launch day was AT&T. One best buy said Nov 25th lol. When iPhones get announced every store, knows down to the exact minute when they will be selling their phones. I realize that the GN2 is not on the same popularity level as iPhones, but 3 million international devices sold demands a little more respect than AT&T is giving.

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Phone release is in carrier's hands. Samsung had their event and made the announcement for their device. Pretty sure AT&T wanted to push it back since the demand for the iPhone is still so high. Keep in mind that carriers are in business to sell phones no matter what OS they are running. They will release it when they are ready and not when you are ready.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why the GN2 launch and info has been so hit and miss. It's like AT&T and Samsung don't even care. I have called 5 different Best Buys, 4 Walmarts, 5 AT&Ts, and 2 Radioshacks and the only one who even knew when the "official" launch day was AT&T. One best buy said Nov 25th lol. When iPhones get announced every store, knows down to the exact minute when they will be selling their phones. I realize that the GN2 is not on the same popularity level as iPhones, but 3 million international devices sold demands a little more respect than AT&T is giving.

Exactly!!! Its annoying that one AT&T rep says this and other says that. I am hoping beyond hope that the Galaxy Note II can actually beat the iPhone in popularity. Samsung is pretty much the only company on the face of the earth than can defeat Apple. I always smile when I see more and more people carrying Galaxy S III smartphones.

But I feel your frustration, AT&T Premier reps are just as clueless.

Bucncane

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
It really is disgusting. I called 4 ATTs and a Target and none of them know anything about the release. The guy at Target said if it's not Friday it will be within the next one or two weeks. LOL! Thanks champ.

One of the AT&T Reps said that he wasn't sure, but said that AT&T will announce the date when they're ready. Really?!?! Really?!?! Get a clue.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
See this is where I wish Samsung would be a little more like Apple. If only they'd be more controlling so the consumer is satisfied. I hate Apple, but I love how they are crystal clear with everything up front.

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's why the AT&T home page for smartphones shows 3 iPhones at the top. That's what they want to push. According to the AT&T website, the shipping date for Note 2 pre-orders is today, the 6th of November. It states "Orders are scheduled to ship on November 6, 2012." So there's that, at least. Scheduled to ship but who knows if that means it will.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Where I live my local best buy is getting 10 note 2s on the 9th so you guys should call your best buy and see

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

iDrummer3

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Where I live my local best buy is getting 10 note 2s on the 9th so you guys should call your best buy and see

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

All that I called acted like they couldnt even check. I may call tomorrow and ask for a manager. I'm in Middle Tennessee btw.

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
All that I called acted like they couldnt even check. I may call tomorrow and ask for a manager. I'm in Middle Tennessee btw.

We do have the galaxy note 2 white n gray in our inventory system. However we can only pre order the gray model for some reason. Both SKU's are set for availability on the 9th . Talk to the mobile manager and ask him if u can preorder the gray one and get the white one. Most likely he will say yes. Thats we he is doing in our store i know we have about 10 preorders already in my store. 7009803 is SKU for the white model ATT in stock date of the 9th. Just call Bestbuy and tell them u want to check the quantity on a certain SKU and give them that :) oh and by the way i recommend the insurance through us. NO deductible and get phone replaced 3-5 days just saying lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

This was in another thread where acordo01 replied to a similar thread. If you get them to type in the SKU, you might get the answer you are looking for.

I'm supposed to pick up mine on Friday at my local Best Buy, may check the next two days though, just in case. :)

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Went to the Murfreesboro Best Buy today and they said come back on the 9th and they will have both colors. Finally a positive response from someone!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Why get yourself all upset? The employees do not know what is going on, they have proven that over and over.

On or before November 9. Why get upset BEFORE the 9th?

They will most likely ship at the end of the day today. If not, tomorrow with overnight service.

I predict those of us that have pre ordered will have them on or before the 9th like Att said when you ordered, if you pre ordered.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
AT&T has been saying it's November 9. And no hype means no lines waiting for one, and I will be able to waltz into the AT&T store after work on Friday, and they won't be sold out. There's one in titanium grey with my name on it. Friday!!!

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has been saying it's November 9. And no hype means no lines waiting for one, and I will be able to waltz into the AT&T store after work on Friday, and they won't be sold out. There's one in titanium grey with my name on it. Friday!!!

I'm with you, I don't care if everyone wants the phone I want. As long as enough people like it, so I get good support from app builders and the like, I'm super happy. There is something to be said for excellent products that don't have everyone falling all over them.

itsmemalloy

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered a week ago and the MyOrders page on AT&T just says order in process. I've called multiple times to try and get a definitive on when it will ship and the rep just says that I'll get an email with tracking info within the next day or two. I WANT MY NOTE II!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's been common knowledge that AT&T will be getting them on the 9th(Friday) so I'm not so sure what the big deal is. I'm still undecided if I wanted to throw down $650 for an off contract Note 2(I don't have an upgrade) or just hold out. decisions, decisions...

Plus the Note 2 is a niche device. It's too large of a phone to ever become as mainstream as the iPhone, or Galaxy S3.

Last edited:

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
It's been common knowledge that AT&T will be getting them on the 9th(tomorrow) so I'm not so sure what the big deal is. I'm still undecided if I wanted to throw down $650 for an off contract Note 2(I don't have an upgrade) or just hold out. decisions, decisions...

Plus the Note 2 is a niche device. It's too large of a phone to ever become as mainstream as the iPhone, or Galaxy S3.

Tomorrow? ;)

And I want use my upgrade to buy a iPhone 5 to sell, and buy a white Note 2 for off contract price. That way I can make a few dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol