Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verticle Tool Bar and Multi-Window

I am looking at acquiring the NoteII and saw some revies that indicated that the AT&T variant will not have the Multi-Wimdow and the Pop up Verticle Tool Bar on left side of display as the International Version Has. Does anyone know if this will be provided via a OTA. I heard today Sprint is getting it, but know one knows nothing at AT&T (sadly).
    I dont want to buy into a headache or a dissapointment, Ive had enough of those. Maybe Alex, Phil or Chris can find out and respond.
    Is this something driven by AT&T?
    Thank you in advance!

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: Verticle Tool Bar and Multi-Window

I wouldn't worry about it too much, AT&T should get it like VZW and Sprint models. It may roll out around the same time, as the AT&T models are just now shipping out the warehouse. Sprint OTA rolling over the next several days, so you might not have to wait long.

Check out the forum topics in ATT and in the general section for the more info or updates.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!

The update may not happen for awhile. ATTs stance is, if you don't like it, return the phone and pay the $35 restock fee.. ATT i am thinking doesn't care what WE the consumer wants. I blame ATT for this fiasco. Samsung is e the ones who pimped the hell out Multi-Window, but alas it was removed by the carriers. WHY?

I emailed the CEO of ATT and asked why we didn't get the update. No reply yet. But the good news the email didn't get bounced back

email addy right there ==========>> randall.stephenson@att.com

Quote Originally Posted by freethinkeraz View Post
    The update may not happen for awhile. ATTs stance is, if you don't like it, return the phone and pay the $35 restock fee.. ATT i am thinking doesn't care what WE the consumer wants. I blame ATT for this fiasco. Samsung is e the ones who pimped the hell out Multi-Window, but alas it was removed by the carriers. WHY?

I emailed the CEO of ATT and asked why we didn't get the update. No reply yet. But the good news the email didn't get bounced back

I must say verizon in my experience is much worse. My phone caught fire wile i was charging it and they wanted me to pay for a new one.....
    Then again all the carrier hold ups of updates is ridiculous. but part of the deal.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Sent a email to that AT&T guy, lets have a lot of people do this. Maybe someone will get an answer to our question.

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet420 View Post

The carriers never removed the multi window. Samsung released the device without it because the devices were already in the stream. Why recall 10 million devices for a software update and delay a launch by possibly months. They had apple breathing down their neck with a possible injunction so devices needed to hit consumers hands. They made a promise to update devices to the multi window features, then along comes Google with an updated jelly bean OS and their project butter. Note that needs to be implemented into the update as well. Finish update then send to carriers.

Also remember that at&t was the third carrier to get the device out to market with sprint and t-mobile hitting before them. This means that their update is going to take longer as they have to test the update on the network before approval.

Besides everything I have read in other posts on these forums say that it looks ready to be released, but the Christmas holiday may be stalling it now.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums