Foxfi working on the Note 2?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I searched and tried others but none that will connect with Wi-Fi, I am pissed off that foxfi won't work with any of the Samsung Galaxy S3 which I have now until I get my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 tomorrow. I even wrote into the developer and he never responded back. There is plenty apps out there but won't work with these latest devices or connect with Wi-Fi.:mad:

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Thanks for the info. I was deciding if I was going to get a used SG3 off eBay as a way of keeping my unlimited data, if I decided not to sign a new contract for the Note 2 and loose unlimited. I would have been pissed if I got the SG3 and found out foxfi didn't work. Guess I'll probably go ahead and get the Note 2 and use their official tethering app with no unlimited data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I was deciding if I was going to get a used SG3 off eBay as a way of keeping my unlimited data, if I decided not to sign a new contract for the Note 2 and loose unlimited. I would have been pissed if I got the SG3 and found out foxfi didn't work. Guess I'll probably go ahead and get the Note 2 and use their official tethering app with no unlimited data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You're gonna give up unlimited data?
I wouldn't do that. There is still a chance FoxFi or someone else would come out with a new app that can do Wifi tethering.
I'm gonna wait.

DeVangelous

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've installed Open Garden on my Sprint GN2 to tether via Bluetooth to my Asus Transformer Infinity tablet. For the most part, I can access the internet. I just can't get the mail client with an Microsoft Office 365 Exchange account to recognize the internet connection.

Anyone run into this problem?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Guess what gang?
My FoxFi is working now.
I'm not sure what happened but I think I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and then rebooted the phone and its working, at least for now.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Guess what gang?
My FoxFi is working now.
I'm not sure what happened but I think I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and then rebooted the phone and its working, at least for now.

HOLLY +++! It is! HEY YO! I searched FoxFi in the PlayStore, and saw the FoxFi Add On. I'm not sure what its for, but it has a link for us AT&T and Sprint customers (who they took it away from) a link how to get it. The link is FoxFi Installer

So, if I use FoxFi, whats the Add On app? Should I use it since AT&T doesnt want us to use this? Thanks!

Last edited:

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it does seem to work. I downloaded the latest version directly from Foxfi FoxFi Installer (1.91.3). The Google play store lists their version of Foxfi as 1.91 so I am not sure if they are identical. I say seems to work because I am running an ATT microcell (which uses my internet connection to make a mini 3G cell tower). I turned the wifi off on my phone to make sure I was only getting data from the microcell. Then I enabled Foxfi. I used my HP Touchpad to connect to the hotspot from my phone and BOOM, I'm surfing. I'll give it a try when I am running directly off ATT towers tomorrow.

I see Foxfi has a add-on now that may help mask data use. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi.addon&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5mb3hmaS5hZGRvbiJd

EDIT: beat me to it. According to the description of the add-on, it does this
This version of FoxFi AddOn implements
1. Notifications of WiFi client connections.
2. A Web Proxy server on the phone that can be used to hide tether usage.
3. Debug log sending.

Of course the description of the main Foxfi app still says it doesn't work with Jellybean, but it sure seems to.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it does seem to work. I downloaded the latest version directly from Foxfi FoxFi Installer (1.91.3). The Google play store lists their version of Foxfi as 1.91 so I am not sure if they are identical. I say seems to work because I am running an ATT microcell (which uses my internet connection to make a mini 3G cell tower). I turned the wifi off on my phone to make sure I was only getting data from the microcell. Then I enabled Foxfi. I used my HP Touchpad to connect to the hotspot from my phone and BOOM, I'm surfing. I'll give it a try when I am running directly off ATT towers tomorrow.

I see Foxfi has a add-on now that may help mask data use. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi.addon&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5mb3hmaS5hZGRvbiJd

EDIT: beat me to it. According to the description of the add-on, it does this
This version of FoxFi AddOn implements
1. Notifications of WiFi client connections.
2. A Web Proxy server on the phone that can be used to hide tether usage.
3. Debug log sending.

Of course the description of the main Foxfi app still says it doesn't work with Jellybean, but it sure seems to.

So what exactly does that mean? I'm a little confused with my public school education ;) Have you aded the Add On? Do you recommend it for us AT&T users?

henning#CB

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just went to this link and downloaded the app and installed it. FoxFi Installer Then follow the directions in this thread. The add on is in the Play store. I ahve tried it a bunch of time and it works well. I tried it outside of work (where I have wifi anyway) at lunch and connected my wifes phone to it and she was able to surf!

mr griffon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey gents, is it safe to say that it does not work on sprint? I was looking into getting a Samsung Galaxy note 2, but if that's the case I will prob get the s3.

akballer21

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the note 2 for At&t and the first thing I did was download pdanet and it directed me to foxfi....I downloaded it and wifi was working great.I woke up today and now its not working. When I click to activate it a message pops up and says wifi is not working with 4.1 and above....which is puzzling because I had 4.1.1 since I got the phone. Is anyone else experiencing this???

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey gents, is it safe to say that it does not work on sprint? I was looking into getting a Samsung Galaxy note 2, but if that's the case I will prob get the s3.

I have Sprint and foxfi does not work on the Samsung galaxy s3 or the note 2.:mad:

Sending from my White Sexy Galaxy Note 2.

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here. No longer working and it gives the message about not working with 4.1. I updated a bunch of apps yesterday. I wonder if one of them caused this problem. Foxfi is showing the same rev as the one I downloaded a few days ago.