Foxfi working on the Note 2?

Rednaz05

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if the foxfi app is/will be working on the Note 2? I heard foxfi was not compatible with jellybean os, is this still true?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know if the foxfi app is/will be working on the Note 2? I heard foxfi was not compatible with jellybean os, is this still true?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Great Q! One of the reason why I was switching from iPhone to Android!

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Well that's weird. Why would you want to use it for that?
If you can't use wifi, then BT is a fine way to get data to a laptop/tablet...... In fact, BT is much easier on the battery of the device with the data connection (much lower power than wifi). I don't know the max speed BT supports, but it use to work great back in the day using PdaNet to share a 3G connection. BT isn't quite as convenient since the tablet/laptop often needs a little work to setup it up first (where wifi is pretty easy... just scan and connect).

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
If you can't use wifi, then BT is a fine way to get data to a laptop/tablet...... In fact, BT is much easier on the battery of the device with the data connection (much lower power than wifi). I don't know the max speed BT supports, but it use to work great back in the day using PdaNet to share a 3G connection. BT isn't quite as convenient since the tablet/laptop often needs a little work to setup it up first (where wifi is pretty easy... just scan and connect).

Got ya. Only problem is my old laptop doesn't have BT, but has wifi. Anyways, thank you. Is there an App like FoxFi that will work for this phone?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that Fox Fi WiFI does not work on the Note II.
I havent tried the BT method yet but am disappointed in this.
I use to be able to use my Note I on WiFi without any issues.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried it, but i heard about open garden and it might work.
You Are the Network
Let me know if it works.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and the Samsung Galaxy S3 and it works, will have my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Sunday I will test it when I get that phone. I am using this app while I this forum, thank you for informing us of this app. Works through Bluetooth.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and the Samsung Galaxy S3 and it works, will have my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Sunday I will test it when I get that phone. I am using this app while I this forum, thank you for informing us of this app. Works through Bluetooth.

What about wifi?

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
What about wifi?

When you install it to your phone and your tablet or laptop you connect those to devices by Bluetooth but the did the software finds you Wi-Fi connection thorough the cloud. Check it out its great and fast, You can search the web, Facebook, check emails.:) their is a short video that shows you how it works on there website and when you download the app.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
When you install it to your phone and your tablet or laptop you connect those to devices by Bluetooth but the did the software finds you Wi-Fi connection thorough the cloud. Check it out its great and fast, You can search the web, Facebook, check emails.:) their is a short video that shows you how it works on there website and when you download the app.

So it does or doesn't do wifi?

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Any wifi app out there that's like the FoxFi?

I searched and tried others but none that will connect with Wi-Fi, I am pissed off that foxfi won't work with any of the Samsung Galaxy S3 which I have now until I get my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 tomorrow. I even wrote into the developer and he never responded back. There is plenty apps out there but won't work with these latest devices or connect with Wi-Fi.:mad:

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I searched and tried others but none that will connect with Wi-Fi, I am pissed off that foxfi won't work with any of the Samsung Galaxy S3 which I have now until I get my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 tomorrow. I even wrote into the developer and he never responded back. There is plenty apps out there but won't work with these latest devices or connect with Wi-Fi.:mad:

Thank you! Please keep us posted :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish