Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Default Re: AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!

Just picked mine up at ATT store.
    I like it much better then my Sprint one
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox#ac View Post
    How zippy is the device? When I used the international Galaxy S3 I could tell a major difference coming from the US version of the GSIII.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    How zippy is the device? When I used the international Galaxy S3 I could tell a major difference coming from the US version of the GSIII.
    Very zippy
    I'm finding ATTs version runs smoother with little to no wakeup lag.
    Device build quality is better as well.

The phone is super smooth...had the S3 which was smooth, but this phone is even smoother
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    DLNA has pretty much always been slow and choppy, since the first GS device was released and DLNA became common place on phones it has always been choppy and laggy regardless of device.

This could have been checked by streaming from any phone to any DLNA compliant device - including a PC/Laptop, PS3, or XB360 (or even another smartphone).

However, going from a PC to XB360 via the Xbox Extender seems to be devoid of these issues, so I'm not sure why DLNA performs so poorly comparably.
    This is my first phone device that could do DLNA to my TV.

I will try tonight using my MacBook Pro...wirelessly (as I usually have it connected direct via ethernet cable). I would think that the 6Mbps wouldnt be THAT choppy.

I use VUDU (an app on my TV) for streaming HD videos, but TV is connected to router via ethernet as well. VUDU requires like 4Mbps or so for HD (and streaming 1080p -which I love to use- of course requires more).
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox#ac View Post
    Hmm, then you should change your signature!

Since you have both...can you let us know any differences you notice or bugs or why you like that model more, etc? I mentioned just a few earlier in this thread.

You should like you Sprint OTA update soon too!
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!

Went to the ATT and was 2nd line. I went ahead and purchase a Pebble Blue phone. So far I am nothing but please. For a case and belt pouch, I went to the wireless stores and got a rubber cover and pouch for less than $20. I love the phone.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gzbsds View Post
    Went to the ATT and was 2nd line. I went ahead and purchase a Pebble Blue phone. So far I am nothing but please. For a case and belt pouch, I went to the wireless stores and got a rubber cover and pouch for less than $20. I love the phone.
    Pebble Blue? S3 phone?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

using mine now! smooth as butter. s pen feels A bit fragile but illget used to it
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maximu5 View Post
    using mine now! smooth as butter. s pen feels A bit fragile but illget used to it
    It's light...the pen. But, if you think about it, that helps keep the overall weight of the phone light as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dponte View Post
    Hmm, then you should change your signature!

Since you have both...can you let us know any differences you notice or bugs or why you like that model more, etc? I mentioned just a few earlier in this thread.

You should like you Sprint OTA update soon too!
    Ha very true will fix
    I will post up more findings this evening

The device is amazing!!! The screen is simply gorgeous. It will take some getting use to. I can already tell battery life is amazing because between my 2 hours work out it only dropped about 3 percent with Spotify running the entire time.

LTE is great. The speaker on this phone is also very loud, something I have desired in a phone for a long time. You can also feel the 2GB of ram plus the quad core processor when swiping throughout home screens. No lag whatsoever.
    Thanked by:
    Jonneh 

Quote Originally Posted by dponte View Post
    Some folks on the Sprint subforum have said they too NOW have these additional notification screen toggles after applying the multi-window update. One toggle is 'multi-window' as expected. We should get that in addition to our notification toggles, once we get the multi-window update on AT&T.
    You got the new toggles when your system got the OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    I think one problem is the lack of quality headphones designed to work with Android, and those are not consistent.
    Not sure, but I read the Klipsch S4a do not play well with Galaxy S2, so not sure
    about other Samsung phone compatibility.

I would be willing to pay well for a good quality headphone set that was know to work, but absent that, the stock headphones are best for that purpose.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    I have the Klipsch ear buds and they sound great, BUT, the controller does not work right with the Bionic either...that was with Gingerbread, I haven't tried them yet with ICS. Another thing, for what they cost ($100), the wires get tangled so easily and seem cheap.
    Cory

I picked up a white one earlier, liking it so far except my battery seems to be draining kind of quickly. I'm still trying to get the wifi to sleep (changed the settings), but other than that I am loving this phone. Hopefully the battery will improve after a couple of days.
    My name is Chris, and I am a recovering Appleholic .
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RoC1909 View Post
    You got the new toggles when your system got the OTA update.
    ? Eh? that was what I said

To be clear...AT&T model has the rest of the missing notification options/toggles at the top, missing on Sprint's model (before they got the OTA announcement), and not sure about T-Mobile's.

So, it's just odd that our build has those features and they didn't, but maybe that's just the nature of the roll-out game...I think that the Sprint manual for their Note 2 only depicted 5 toggles, as well, so this wasn't a bug they were correcting.

My AT&T build kernel date is 4 Oct I think. Not sure what Sprint's is...i'll ask my friend later.
    3.0.31-215287 kernel version
    Last edited by dponte; 11-09-2012 at 06:19 PM.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

FOUND A BUG!

Not rooted, not activated yet either (going to, this weekend)...just testing what I got so far.

My AT&T build has a kernel date of 4 Oct.
    3.0.31-215287 kernel version

Found a bug... My screen is all pink/purple hue after messing with the video recorder.

It is not restarting and not able to power off with long press of side key. Totally stuck!!!

I can't power it off hardwise (is that possible by the way, I haven't looked and new to Samsung devices).

Stuck. Purple/pink hue .

The 'images' are tiled copies of what the camera sees in real time. It's stuck in messed up this camera/video mode.

Tried video recording and saw 'slo-mo' feature, and then a way to change from 1/2 to 1/4 and 1/8. Somehow, around then I hit record by accident. Then this just weird state of 'freeze' frame video started happening a few seconds later. I don't recall what details happened in between, if anything. Was going to leave camera app, that's about all i recall.

Opened it up and removed the battery. Popped back in. Restart, all is fine now. I'll test that again...er...later. Damn that was annoying as hell.

Took a pic and video (actually I can't insert the mov video here unless it's from a website, but I can send it via email I guess if you want to help debug this) with the iPhone.

Still haven't activated the Note 2 yet...was testing and setting up. I'll have to check the xda forums and find out how to alert Samsung.

Pic looks blue...but it's purple/pink, not that that matters much.

Attachment 45512
    Last edited by dponte; 11-09-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: added kernel ver. notes

The screen resolution is a bit lacking in you are used to HTC One X or iPhone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Martinezma99 View Post
    The screen resolution is a bit lacking in you are used to HTC One X or iPhone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    I can't speak for the HTC One X but I've had just about every iPhone and the Note II screen is just as good to my eyes.
    But let's just say that the iPhone screen is better, marginally better if that.
    The rest of the iPhone still sucks compared to all the features that the Note II has.
    ladyfinesse08 likes this.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Anyone know why At&t didn't include dropbox, and the 50gb free storage I read that Samsung and Dropbox were offering to those who bought the device?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rsinart View Post
    Anyone know why At&t didn't include dropbox, and the 50gb free storage I read that Samsung and Dropbox were offering to those who bought the device?
    Only sprint and tmobile are doing that promotion which I think is dumb all 4 carriers should do it

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I can't speak for the HTC One X but I've had just about every iPhone and the Note II screen is just as good to my eyes.
    But let's just say that the iPhone screen is better, marginally better if that.
    The rest of the iPhone still sucks compared to all the features that the Note II has.
    Agreed...

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

can anybody compare the reception to there old phone and report back please?

No Headphone+No FM Radios= More Data usage due to streaming internet radio stations = More $$$$ for A.T.&T.
    ska916jedi likes this.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

I got mine last night and i love it! Still setting it up.
    I notice the stock weather widget won't refresh/update by itself. I had this problem when my skyrocket was updated to ICS. I switched to HD widgets weather app and it worked fine. I will be using it on my GN2.
    I showed my wife and she said it wasn't a phone it was a tablet! She likes the screen and the camera.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast