AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at 08:58 or something, FedEx overnight.

Some initial things I noticed...

As I noted with the AT&T tester's unboxing...NO HEADPHONES/EARPHONES!! I need these for calls, especially LONG calls. This is not good.

I've seen the Note2 Sprint model since the 25th, everyday, so some things I also noted as a difference so far:

- The AT&T model has the extended notification screen toggle options like the S3 has...Airplane mode, sound, etc. Sprint does not have this, and I am not sure if T-Mobile had it (I forget).

- Cannot remove the AT&T bloatware, it seems. I am new to android (and yes, I guess you can root it and remove it) but I think what is on here initially cannot be removed.

- My Sprint friend noted that the S-Pen seemed slightly heavier/different...hard to say, I don't see why. If so, it's SLIGHTLY...very slightly. I also noted that I had no issue thus far with the pen making marks while hovering over the note, but that may be because it's a new pen. Will keep on that 'bug' and still looking around for a way to toggle sensitivity.

Also, how do I know if my bootloader is unlocked/locked? (not trying to get too off-topic)

So, post what you notice about the Note 2.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Some folks on the Sprint subforum have said they too NOW have these additional notification screen toggles after applying the multi-window update. One toggle is 'multi-window' as expected. We should get that in addition to our notification toggles, once we get the multi-window update on AT&T.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I may have to do that...or go to AT&T and hold them up! :)

Really wanted earphones/mic, since I have an old iPhone and those are falling apart (and controls are different/incompat perhaps)

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It is annoying that a $300 phone doesnt come with headphones, although i have some headphones from samsung from my Galaxy Nexus so those work fine. I am really jealous you got yours. Been looking forward to Friday for a while Note 2 and Skyfall on the same day is awesome! Now I just hope the At&t store in my town gets some tomorrow.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't sure about T-Mobile, but was just told it had the notifications we have. Sprint's latest update DOES apply those 'missing' toggles PLUS the multi-window toggle (as that is part of the feature), so that is cool for them.

Ok, so I CAN disable apps and it won't appear in the app drawer...good. But, they STILL take up space. Not much, but blech...

Also...I noted that my storage (16GB phone) has 10.56 GB of available space. 10.97GB of TOTAL space. SD card (64GB) shows 59.45 (sandisk puts stuff on it, FAT32, etc).

My friends Sprint phone has 10.97 or so as well and I am not sure how many new apps he put on his so far/Sprint bloatware is more or less...etc.

Either way...where did the other 5ish GB go? :)

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Does this at&t version have the multi-window support out of the box?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Does this at&t version have the multi-window support out of the box?

No...but that was expected, from the tester's unboxing...as I guess the lack of earphones :(

Don't worry, we will get the update like Sprint, most likely soon.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
No...but that was expected, from the tester's unboxing...as I guess the lack of earphones :(

Don't worry, we will get the update like Sprint, most likely soon.

Oh ok that sucks about the headphones but I was playing on buying some Bluetooth ones any suggestions on good heaphones

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
As for headphones...

No US carrier advert had earbuds on their info pages.

Sprint got them, I assume TMobile did too (?). They did not repackage the phone though.

Not happy with AT&T on this...maybe a store will have them and/or I can get them there and corporate can reimburse the store later. I do not want to pay 30-40$ more for something all other carriers are getting and pricing the same. If the phone was cheaper than other carriers...say 30-40$, THEN fine.

For call controls, and calling this is very annoying...i have headphones...but earphones that function FOR this model are what I want. Not some 3rd party with controls that may or may not work totally and are expensive.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So pissed about the headphones.

Seriously, enough with the headphones. I'm sure everyone has a spare pair of headphones. If not, go to Best Buy or Walmart and pick up a pair for $10.

I'd actually like to read users initial thoughts on the device, not people whining about the lack of headphones! Complaining will get you nowhere. Its not like we can do anything about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital