Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!

Got mine at 08:58 or something, FedEx overnight.

Some initial things I noticed...

As I noted with the AT&T tester's unboxing...NO HEADPHONES/EARPHONES!! I need these for calls, especially LONG calls. This is not good.

I've seen the Note2 Sprint model since the 25th, everyday, so some things I also noted as a difference so far:

- The AT&T model has the extended notification screen toggle options like the S3 has...Airplane mode, sound, etc. Sprint does not have this, and I am not sure if T-Mobile had it (I forget).

- Cannot remove the AT&T bloatware, it seems. I am new to android (and yes, I guess you can root it and remove it) but I think what is on here initially cannot be removed.

- My Sprint friend noted that the S-Pen seemed slightly heavier/different...hard to say, I don't see why. If so, it's SLIGHTLY...very slightly. I also noted that I had no issue thus far with the pen making marks while hovering over the note, but that may be because it's a new pen. Will keep on that 'bug' and still looking around for a way to toggle sensitivity.

Also, how do I know if my bootloader is unlocked/locked? (not trying to get too off-topic)

So, post what you notice about the Note 2.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!

Some folks on the Sprint subforum have said they too NOW have these additional notification screen toggles after applying the multi-window update. One toggle is 'multi-window' as expected. We should get that in addition to our notification toggles, once we get the multi-window update on AT&T.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Aaaarrrrgghhh! I'm jealous. I have to wait until after work tomorrow.

I have bought extra headsets for my SG3, which, I am sure, will be good for the Note, here:

New Samsung Galaxy s 3 III Focus White Handsfree Stereo Headset Headphones | eBay
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I may have to do that...or go to AT&T and hold them up!

Really wanted earphones/mic, since I have an old iPhone and those are falling apart (and controls are different/incompat perhaps)

It is annoying that a $300 phone doesnt come with headphones, although i have some headphones from samsung from my Galaxy Nexus so those work fine. I am really jealous you got yours. Been looking forward to Friday for a while Note 2 and Skyfall on the same day is awesome! Now I just hope the At&t store in my town gets some tomorrow.
    ska916jedi likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Wasn't sure about T-Mobile, but was just told it had the notifications we have. Sprint's latest update DOES apply those 'missing' toggles PLUS the multi-window toggle (as that is part of the feature), so that is cool for them.

Ok, so I CAN disable apps and it won't appear in the app drawer...good. But, they STILL take up space. Not much, but blech...

Also...I noted that my storage (16GB phone) has 10.56 GB of available space. 10.97GB of TOTAL space. SD card (64GB) shows 59.45 (sandisk puts stuff on it, FAT32, etc).

My friends Sprint phone has 10.97 or so as well and I am not sure how many new apps he put on his so far/Sprint bloatware is more or less...etc.

Either way...where did the other 5ish GB go?
    luckylocust likes this.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Does this at&t version have the multi-window support out of the box?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    Does this at&t version have the multi-window support out of the box?
    No...but that was expected, from the tester's unboxing...as I guess the lack of earphones

Don't worry, we will get the update like Sprint, most likely soon.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dponte View Post
    No...but that was expected, from the tester's unboxing...as I guess the lack of earphones

Don't worry, we will get the update like Sprint, most likely soon.
    Oh ok that sucks about the headphones but I was playing on buying some Bluetooth ones any suggestions on good heaphones

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

As for headphones...

No US carrier advert had earbuds on their info pages.

Sprint got them, I assume TMobile did too (?). They did not repackage the phone though.

Not happy with AT&T on this...maybe a store will have them and/or I can get them there and corporate can reimburse the store later. I do not want to pay 30-40$ more for something all other carriers are getting and pricing the same. If the phone was cheaper than other carriers...say 30-40$, THEN fine.

For call controls, and calling this is very annoying...i have headphones...but earphones that function FOR this model are what I want. Not some 3rd party with controls that may or may not work totally and are expensive.
    ska916jedi likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Looking at my friends' Sprint headphones (that came with earbuds of different sizes to use...another thing I hope to find)...these original Note (1) earphones seem to be the exact same ones: New Original OEM Samsung Galaxy Note I717 White Headphones Headset Earphone+Mic on eBay!

Anyone else know of ones that will totally function with the Note 2? Again, concerned about call functionality for the most part.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

http://forums.att.com/t5/image/serve...v=mpbl-1&px=-1
    Someone on ATT forum asked ATT rep about this...not a good response from them.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Ok, someone found some non-used ones that should work with the Note 2...thanks to him on ATT community forums.

Samsung Galaxy Note Note 2 in Ear Headphones Headset Earphones Dual Earbuds | eBay
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by dponte View Post
    Ok, someone found some non-used ones that should work with the Note 2...thanks to him on ATT community forums.

Samsung Galaxy Note Note 2 in Ear Headphones Headset Earphones Dual Earbuds | eBay
    Cool, but those are the very same ones that I got with my SG3 and are being sold for $5.50 at the link I posted above. I always have lots of extra headsets around (I have about 5 extras right now). as I tend to lose things like these.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Can we stay on topic and forget about the stupid headphones?

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Can we stay on topic and forget about the stupid headphones?
    So pissed about the headphones.
    Thanked by:
    Jonneh likes this.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    So pissed about the headphones.
    Seriously, enough with the headphones. I'm sure everyone has a spare pair of headphones. If not, go to Best Buy or Walmart and pick up a pair for $10.

I'd actually like to read users initial thoughts on the device, not people whining about the lack of headphones! Complaining will get you nowhere. Its not like we can do anything about it.

Would the headphones from an S3 work?

Sent from my HTC One X

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Yes

But why doesn't it come with headphones?

Wonder what AT&T has done with them ?
    Oh I know , I just bought a pair off ebay
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
    ska916jedi likes this.

ROM
    cm10

OK so beside all this other stuff how do you like how the phone is running? That's the big question.

GS3 Cyanogenmod 10
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

This thing is real tempting to pick up even off contract.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD
    XChrisX likes this.

Just read this whole thread with the intention of gathering some great feedback on "Initial thoughts on the GN2" apparently I need to get some head phones lol or at least that's all I got from the thread. Good intentions though. As I am waiting for mine to pick up tomorrow :-)
    Jonneh and ska916jedi like this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast