Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No multi-tasking on AT&T Note 2

I just got my Galaxy Note 2 from AT&T and no multi-tasking. It came the same way my international model did before Samsung sent out the upgrade to enable it. You would think it would be ready out of the box this late in the game and now, have to wait on AT&T. Not good....bob

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Default Re: No multi-tasking on AT&T Note 2

It shouldn't be too long of a wait. Sprint just released an update for their phone which include multi task.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Gonna be in an OTA just like each other model. Probably two weeks or so.

- 13.3 MBP Retina
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    - Verizon 128GB iPhone 6
    - 128GB iPad Air 2 LTE
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Any rumors on an update for the multi tasking?

...... ditto, waiting on update ........

Am I missing something? Mine seems to multi task. I let downloads of apps or app data run in the background. They complete just fine.

ROM
    Stock Root

Quote Originally Posted by ipaulr View Post
    Am I missing something? Mine seems to multi task. I let downloads of apps or app data run in the background. They complete just fine.
    They mean split screen multitasking. Top half you can watch Youtube and bottom half you can text or surf web or however you want to use it.
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by ipaulr View Post
    Can you send out text messages while watching movies and videos? I have seen the multi tasking on youtube but haven't seen anyone sending out texts. Thanks.

Hate to say this, but im getting muti window with Plume and the display locked and sleep. I get a plume notification, pull down the notification bar and hit reply...it post a small pop up in the upper display allowing me to reply while the lower display segment is active as well. Multi window folks, its freaking me out.
    Last edited by ItsaRaid; 11-18-2012 at 10:45 PM.

What is plume??

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    What is plume??
    A twitter client.

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Just root and call it a day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Multi view and Multitasking both work on my non rooted Note II.

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

Why is the obligatory answer to everyone's questions on this forum to root?

I know there are numerous advantages to rooting, but there is always a next step that involves installing a new rom.

Some people do not want to root or rom their devices and possibly enjoy the stock interfaces.

That being said, as mentioned before, at&t will put out a OTA that will add the features. They were later releasing the device, yes, but at&t usually tests their updates for a few months before releasing them on the network for all to have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    RogerRockit likes this.

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jevangil View Post
    Why is the obligatory answer to everyone's questions on this forum to root?

I know there are numerous advantages to rooting, but there is always a next step that involves installing a new rom.

Some people do not want to root or rom their devices and possibly enjoy the stock interfaces.

That being said, as mentioned before, at&t will put out a OTA that will add the features. They were later releasing the device, yes, but at&t usually tests their updates for a few months before releasing them on the network for all to have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Because that's the simple/quick fix for the ops problem. Rooting and getting a fully working multiview ROM takes less than 10 mins from start to finish with no I'll side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    How is that. You on Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Hate to say this, but im getting muti window with Plume and the display locked and sleep. I get a plume notification, pull down the notification bar and hit reply...it post a small pop up in the upper display allowing me to reply while the lower display segment is active as well. Multi window folks, its freaking me out.
    That's a feature of Plume and not truly multi-tasking.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    Can you send out text messages while watching movies and videos? I have seen the multi tasking on youtube but haven't seen anyone sending out texts. Thanks.
    If you are using the stock movie player, you can make it come out into a pop-up window that allows you to watch movies while doing everything else you're allowed to do on the phone. It stays on top of the overlay, no matter what and can be moved around to anywhere on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    For true multi-window functionality, you are supposed to be able to long press the back key, and apps supporting multi-window will come up on the side. The AT&T version doesn't have this yet, are you sure this is what you are getting? If so, you are either on a different carrier, have an international version, or simply got a freak phone that the rest of us don't (in which case, congrats!)

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

this does not work yet on the att galaxy note 2... can't wait for the update to come through though!

is rooting on a mac as easy as you say it is? 10 minutes? I have never rooted but always wanted to.. just seems too complicated.. lol.. jailbreaking seems a million times easier.. helpful pointers would be appreciated.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    Because that's the simple/quick fix for the ops problem. Rooting and getting a fully working multiview ROM takes less than 10 mins from start to finish with no I'll side effects.

is rooting on a mac as easy as you say it is? 10 minutes? I have never rooted but always wanted to.. just seems too complicated.. lol.. jailbreaking seems a million times easier.. helpful pointers would be appreciated.. thanks

I just got my Galaxy Note 2 on Dec 10th and I'm not happy that the multitasking feature every commercial boasts about this phone having, has not made it to my device. Honestly, that's the feature I was anticipating the most. I'm seriously considering returning this phone. Who wants something half assed for a full price and two year commitment.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cat FiveComedy View Post
    I just got my Galaxy Note 2 on Dec 10th and I'm not happy that the multitasking feature every commercial boasts about this phone having, has not made it to my device. Honestly, that's the feature I was anticipating the most. I'm seriously considering returning this phone. Who wants something half assed for a full price and two year commitment.
    It will be around shortly. I would return the phone because of it. The note 2 is boss.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Even without multiview enabled yet the Note 2 is a beast, I have it on mine and while its nice I don't find myself using it as much as I thought I would.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast