Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SteveISU
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Rsinart's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

    Default Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    So got my Note 2 today, after being on Iphone for the past 5 years. Love it so far but ran into one big issue.

    I guess when your on iphone, and you text someone it add your Apple ID to that contact info. So I got the Note 2 up and running, started sending out some text. And every single reply was being sent to my Iphone still. Called support, and after speaking with 5 different people, they all came to the conclusion that this is due to my Apple ID being store in the contacts of each persons phone. Only way around this from what they told me was to have every single person who has every added me to their phone, delete my contact info, and re input.

    Pain in the ***, and can't believe thats the only way. I am an artist, I meet a ton of clients, and now they are telling me I must somehow contact every single person and ask them to delete me and re enter my info. If I only had a few people to do this with I wouldn't see an issue. Anyone else have this happen when going from IOS to android with At&t.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Put the sim back in the iphone and shut off iMessage. Then turn the iPhone off completely.
    Last edited by SteveISU; 11-09-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and TheOtherBill like this.
  3. #3  
    dponte's Avatar

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsinart View Post
    So got my Note 2 today, after being on Iphone for the past 5 years. Love it so far but ran into one big issue.

    I guess when your on iphone, and you text someone it add your Apple ID to that contact info. So I got the Note 2 up and running, started sending out some text. And every single reply was being sent to my Iphone still. Called support, and after speaking with 5 different people, they all came to the conclusion that this is due to my Apple ID being store in the contacts of each persons phone. Only way around this from what they told me was to have every single person who has every added me to their phone, delete my contact info, and re input.

    Pain in the ***, and can't believe thats the only way. I am an artist, I meet a ton of clients, and now they are telling me I must somehow contact every single person and ask them to delete me and re enter my info. If I only had a few people to do this with I wouldn't see an issue. Anyone else have this happen when going from IOS to android with At&t.
    I have an iPhone...but it will be deactivated, once I activate my Note 2 cellular service (been setting it up, testing it at the moment). Keeping the same number (and I verified this in the one of those 'about' sections of the settings that displayed some of the AT&T SIM card info) on a new SIM card.

    iPhone SIM will stay in the iPhone I guess...but, that shouldn't matter and you shouldn't be getting cell service on that phone if you kept the same number right?

    Update: Right...I forgot about iMessage...but doesn't that use the internet/not-cellular service? From iPhone to iPhone only too.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by dponte View Post
    I have an iPhone...but it will be deactivated, once I activate my Note 2 cellular service (been setting it up, testing it at the moment). Keeping the same number (and I verified this in the one of those 'about' sections of the settings that displayed some of the AT&T SIM card info) on a new SIM card.

    iPhone SIM will stay in the iPhone I guess...but, that shouldn't matter and you shouldn't be getting cell service on that phone if you kept the same number right?

    Update: Right...I forgot about iMessage...but doesn't that use the internet/not-cellular service? From iPhone to iPhone only too.
    He didn't specify what his friends or contacts were using, but yes, it's only over wifi/data from iphone to iphone.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    I'm having the same issue as when I send a text to my wife on her iPhone 5, it comes in as a text message. When she replies to me, it gets sent out as an iMessage and goes to my iPad instead of my Note 2. I disabled the ability to receive iMessage through the telephone number on the iPad, but it's still going through. Very frustrating.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    I had this problem last night. Someone on another forum told me to turn off imessage on iphone and ipad then, turn my Note off for a couple of minutes.
    Worked!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    I have the same issue, I had my friend delete my contact and re enter it and I did the same to their number and it still does not work ((
    Help !!!!!!!!
    I just turned all IMessage on my devices off, iPad and iPhone and still didn't work !!!!!!!
    Last edited by nbawardi; 04-03-2013 at 10:22 AM.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    I miss my iPhone now
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    I had these problem when I first got my Note 2.
    And yes, turn off iMessage on iPhone and on my iPad, and everything worked perfectly!

    ALSO!
    Make sure you get a new Sim Card for your Note 2 from your Carrier! Carrier should provide you with a new Sim card for free that's LTE compatable. The iPhone Sim card is not LTE compatible and our Note 2 is an LTE device... Which is awesome!
  10. #10  
    lbros360's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Turning off imessage worked for me.
    Last edited by lbros360; 04-03-2013 at 04:19 PM.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Put the sim back in the iphone and shut off iMessage. Then turn the iPhone off completely.
    Yes this. Make sure you have a network connection, go into settings and turn off iMessage.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Trust me this happened to most of us!

    What I did was turned iMessage off as well as "unregister" my phone from my apple ID account and finally my texts were coming to my Note 2.. took me awhile to figure it out (that's when I found these boards)
  13. #13  
    Three5zero's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    You guys were lucky to turn off imessage off your iphone before the switch. I didnt and sold my iphone before I realized there was a problem. There are 3 ways you can fix this. 1. Switch off imessage off on your iphone (as previously stated, or if you still have it) 2. Send a mass text to friends and family to have them remove your info off their phone and re-enter it. 3. Get a new number (thats what I ended up doing and it works.) AT&T will charge you $36 for the change. But if you call 611 instead of walking into a store, they can waive the charge.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by Three5zero View Post
    You guys were lucky to turn off imessage off your iphone before the switch. I didnt and sold my iphone before I realized there was a problem. There are 3 ways you can fix this. 1. Switch off imessage off on your iphone (as previously stated, or if you still have it) 2. Send a mass text to friends and family to have them remove your info off their phone and re-enter it. 3. Get a new number (thats what I ended up doing and it works.) AT&T will charge you $36 for the change. But if you call 611 instead of walking into a store, they can waive the charge.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    If your iPhone was registered on your apple account, you can remove it by going to https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do

    You can also call Apple to remove it from your account.

    Also if you still have your sim card from the iphone, you could borrow someone else iphone and turn it off that way.
  15. #15  
    jdub1981's Avatar

    Posts
    1,373 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    If your friends are using iphones you can have them delete their message history from you. Things should go back to normal. I didnt turn off imessage because i sometimes message my wife from my ipad.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by arif View Post
    I'm accepting the aforementioned affair as back I accelerate a argument to my wife on her Apple iPhone 5, it comes in as a argument message. Back she replies to me, it gets beatific out as an i Message and goes to my iPad instead of my Note 2. I disabled the adeptness to accept i Message through the blast cardinal on the iPad, but it's still activity through.
    Yes this is an issue. If you have your iPad with imessage activated, then iOS users that text you and have your imessage information, it will default to imessage first. You need to disable imessage to get texts on your note 2. See the previous posts.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by rankar7 View Post
    Yes this is an issue. If you have your iPad with imessage activated, then iOS users that text you and have your imessage information, it will default to imessage first. You need to disable imessage to get texts on your note 2. See the previous posts.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Disabling iMessage on the iPad is really a temporary solution. You don't really want to lose the iMessage capability in iPad. What he needs to do is to "disassociate" his mobile phone number in his Apple profile. He can do it via the web, or calls Apple. After that, anyone who txt his phone number will go to his Note II. The only problem is that if someone on iPhone is txting his email address... it will still go to his iPad as iMessage because his email is still in Apple profile. Once Apple got hold of you it is very hard to get out!
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by lostchild View Post
    Disabling iMessage on the iPad is really a temporary solution. You don't really want to lose the iMessage capability in iPad. What he needs to do is to "disassociate" his mobile phone number in his Apple profile. He can do it via the web, or calls Apple. After that, anyone who txt his phone number will go to his Note II. The only problem is that if someone on iPhone is txting his email address... it will still go to his iPad as iMessage because his email is still in Apple profile. Once Apple got hold of you it is very hard to get out!
    from what i could tell of the message, it is his wife's iPhone where the text originates from going to his iPad, not Note2. I didn't see any mention of his previous phone number. it looks like his wife has his imessage email then his Note2 number. but it never gets to his note2 because imessage defaults first from his wife's phone. so either he picks one, or tells his wife to create a new contact for him with his note2 number only.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Apple iPhone to Note 2 sms issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by rankar7 View Post
    from what i could tell of the message, it is his wife's iPhone where the text originates from going to his iPad, not Note2. I didn't see any mention of his previous phone number. it looks like his wife has his imessage email then his Note2 number. but it never gets to his note2 because imessage defaults first from his wife's phone. so either he picks one, or tells his wife to create a new contact for him with his note2 number only.
    Yeah that's how iMessage works. When you use iPhone to TXT anyone (either with a phone number or an email address), it will first check with Apple (not your carrier) to see if this phone number or email address is associated with any Apple ID. If it does, it will bypass your carrier SMS and use DATA to send that message to any iDevice that is registered with that Apple ID on iMessage.

    The "default" is not in his wife's iPhone, but it is on ALL iPhones, iPads, and iPods. Once your turned on iMessage, Apple will hold your phone number hostage until you actively go take it back after you switch away from iPhone to a non-apple phone.

Similar Threads

  1. Restored SMS issue related to restore after clean install of CM7
    By StoneRyno in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 06:25 PM
  2. SMS to Cox network issues?
    By badcat in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 06:18 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 12:44 PM
  4. "apples iphone OS 4.0 no threat to android"
    By JGR4444 in forum iPhone/iOS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 03:24 AM
  5. "apples iphone OS 4.0 no threat to android"
    By JGR4444 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions