Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Default Re: Overwhelmed New Android User

Quote Originally Posted by Rsinart View Post
    I am a long time iPhone user, and got the Note 2. Now I ran into my first issue with the phone today. I am an artist and send alot of pictures back and forth between clients. Today I received 3 emails each with a text and picture attached. Now on my iphone, that picture would just be a square I could touch to enlarge, then save ect. It worked awesome, was fast and I used it all the time. Now on the Note 2, when I receive a text with picture, it plays a video of some sort with the picture? No way to enlarge, or move it from the text box? Might sound stupid, but this is a big feature I used on iphone, and need to know if there is a fix. People are sending me photos, not movies.
    If you press and hold on the image, it should give you the option to save it. When done, go to your galleries and open your photo.
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    Thanks, but its still nothing like the iPhones. I also still cant get SP Studios site to play an eoisode.
    Which browser are u using

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    If you press and hold on the image, it should give you the option to save it. When done, go to your galleries and open your photo.
    Yeah I tried that, wouldn't work. Even photos I send out are showing up the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22;heard 61
    Whdoesn'towser are u using

The stock one. I heard AT&T doesn't like Flash and is illegally blocking some sites. Not cool!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    It worked for me!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Use boat browser

Quote Originally Posted by Rsinart View Post
    I am a long time iPhone user, and got the Note 2. Now I ran into my first issue with the phone today. I am an artist and send alot of pictures back and forth between clients. Today I received 3 emails each with a text and picture attached. Now on my iphone, that picture would just be a square I could touch to enlarge, then save ect. It worked awesome, was fast and I used it all the time. Now on the Note 2, when I receive a text with picture, it plays a video of some sort with the picture? No way to enlarge, or move it from the text box? Might sound stupid, but this is a big feature I used on iphone, and need to know if there is a fix. People are sending me photos, not movies.
    wait for google to update gmail after the Android 4.2 release. the feature you are asking is coming.
    maybe about a week or 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Ok, found the clicks in the keyboard and did contacts with a cool app called iDrive Lite. You have install it on your iPhone first.
    Now trying to figure out how to get my weather on the home screen under the clock. I click the "tap to add city" and it searches ("locating. Please wait..") for a few minutes and then says "Location Error - Failed to fid current location." Any idea?
    Sometimes you need to make sure your data is on. Also you should be able to type in the name of your city rather than having it search automatically.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    wait for google to update gmail after the Android 4.2 release. the feature you are asking is coming.
    maybe about a week or 2
    Make sure you are using the proper app to open your images. Did you select a default app that was also for videos when you opened the first attachment? You usually have options for which program you want to use. There are many image viewers available and many different email programs as well. I have been using Aqua mail for a while and really like it.

Android Evangelist

How do I save images off the Face Book app? Holding down on the picture doesn't work.

The stock one. I heard AT&T doesn't like Flash and is illegally blocking some sites. Not cool!
    Theres a thread on XDA with the
    flash.apk that you can download and install on your note 2 that will allow you to view flash in the stock browser or any other browser you are using. I found it last night and it works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by acordo01 View Post
    Theres a thread on XDA with the
    flash.apk that you can download and install on your note 2 that will allow you to view flash in the stock browser or any other browser you are using. I found it last night and it works.

South Park studios site will work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Sometimes you need to make sure your data is on. Also you should be able to type in the name of your city rather than having it search automatically.

How do I make sure data is on? Now its happening with my wifi

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

You should be able to slide down your notification bar at the top of the screen. It will show you the quick settings for turning on your data, wifi, bluetooth etc. Just look for the data icon and turn it on.

Android Evangelist

How do I save images off the Face Book app? Holding down on the picture doesn't work.
    That's why I use Friendcaster, the FB app is awful in my opinion. Friendcaster actually gives you a save option when you view a picture.

°~¤~°HTC Evo Design°~¤~°
    ~*Purple Android*~
    Thanked by:

South Park studios site will work for you?
    Yes it does

Yes it does
    You can actually play an episide? If so what link did you use to d/l Flash?

Hmmm... I installed it and this still wont play:

Hmmm... I installed it and this still wont play:
    These are a couple of screen shots of me playing the Obama Wins episode after installing the apk that I mentioned above. I'm also using stock browser. I don't know if you have selected request desktop Site in menu option when you're in South Park studios website. Just a thought

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overwhelmed New Android User-uploadfromtaptalk1352692791595.jpg   Overwhelmed New Android User-uploadfromtaptalk1352692807894.jpg   Overwhelmed New Android User-uploadfromtaptalk1352692831011.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

Yeah, still won't work! I installed the link above again and the site is in website mode. Very frustrating. Anyone else having problems too?.

Oh, thank God, it works now! lol Wow... weird. I uninstalled it again, and d/l the link above for the 10th time. I held down the home button, clicked on the pie chart, then went to ram, and clicked on clear memory. That seemed to do it I guess. Again, its weird and I don't get it, but thank you for helping me getting this to work. Ok, next questions... ha ha ha...

- How do you backup your phone? Is there anything like what iTunes does with the iPhone? Just in case something happens to my phone or something? Any suggestions? I saw an option in the main Settings, but had no idea what it does or what its for.
    Thanked by:
    acordo01 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Oh, thank God, it works now! lol Wow... weird. I uninstalled it again, and d/l the link above for the 10th time. I held down the home button, clicked on the pie chart, then went to ram, and clicked on clear memory. That seemed to do it I guess. Again, its weird and I don't get it, but thank you for helping me getting this to work. Ok, next questions... ha ha ha...

- How do you backup your phone? Is there anything like what iTunes does with the iPhone? Just in case something happens to my phone or something? Any suggestions? I saw an option in the main Settings, but had no idea what it does or what its for.
    Backing up has a few options with Android. I'm not too familiar with how iTunes does other than I know it backs up your apps.

All of your purchased apps are linked to your Gmail account so you don't have to worry about that. Same goes for your contacts and calendar entries.

But if you want to back up your entire phone then Go backup works pretty well for non rooted phones. Titanium Backup is the complete solution and can backup your entire device but it requires you to root your phone. This is like jail breaking an iphone but easier. I recommend rooting just for this one feature.

Android Evangelist
    ska916jedi likes this.

That's a lot of trouble you went through for South Park, but I understand. I would have done the same. Good to hear that it is working.

As for backing up your phone, the type of functionality that you are looking for sounds like everything that Kies does.

As horrible Samsung Kies is as people say, it is great for backing up contacts, messages.

I'm not sure if it does apps, but I don't think it's necessary because Google Play pushes apps to your device.

As for videos and music, I just manage that manually by dragging files in folders. I definitely don't let Kies touch that.
    badbrad17 and ska916jedi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    This is like jail breaking an iphone but easier. I recommend rooting just for this one feature.

I have to disagree there. Jailbreaking an iPhone is MUCH easier than rooting an android.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast