Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    zjaksn10's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

    Default Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    My story starts on Nov. 6th to ask about when the Note II will be available in the store. The guy was nice and told me to come back on the 9th and he would hook me up. So I took off of work today to buy the phone and the people there said they could not sell the phones until the 11th. I said the guy from the other day told me the 9th, they said they tried to sell one the other day and was unable to process it through their system. I said why not try today? They said no and not till the 11th. So I went to a near by Best Buy Mobile and they said the street date was the 9th. They didn't get a shipment yet so couldn't get one. I asked why the other store wouldn't sell to me and she said no clue. Called around to other BB's and they each told me the 11th. I said this store says the 9th, They double check and say yes but they do not have any phones in stock. Called back to the first store and talked to a manager and he said they are just following what they are being told and I said well obviously not cause I don't have the phone in my hands. He transfers me to corporate and talk to a guy who says and I quote "where are they getting the 9th or the 11th? There is no date for this device to be sold just yet." So we talked and I mentioned the White note II now on their website and he looked up information on that and couldn't find a release date or shipping availability. The guy is sending me a gift card for $25 for being fed lies. I wish I knew something was set in stone either they can sell them to me today if they had the phones or if the 11th is the day they will actually get the phones to sell or if it was just made up to keep me coming in the store? Any Best Buy employees on here that can chime in?
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    I walked in at lunch today looking for one and the guy had no idea what I was even talking about.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by zjaksn10 View Post
    My story starts on Nov. 6th to ask about when the Note II will be available in the store. The guy was nice and told me to come back on the 9th and he would hook me up. So I took off of work today to buy the phone and the people there said they could not sell the phones until the 11th. I said the guy from the other day told me the 9th, they said they tried to sell one the other day and was unable to process it through their system. I said why not try today? They said no and not till the 11th. So I went to a near by Best Buy Mobile and they said the street date was the 9th. They didn't get a shipment yet so couldn't get one. I asked why the other store wouldn't sell to me and she said no clue. Called around to other BB's and they each told me the 11th. I said this store says the 9th, They double check and say yes but they do not have any phones in stock. Called back to the first store and talked to a manager and he said they are just following what they are being told and I said well obviously not cause I don't have the phone in my hands. He transfers me to corporate and talk to a guy who says and I quote "where are they getting the 9th or the 11th? There is no date for this device to be sold just yet." So we talked and I mentioned the White note II now on their website and he looked up information on that and couldn't find a release date or shipping availability. The guy is sending me a gift card for $25 for being fed lies. I wish I knew something was set in stone either they can sell them to me today if they had the phones or if the 11th is the day they will actually get the phones to sell or if it was just made up to keep me coming in the store? Any Best Buy employees on here that can chime in?
    I to got told that they'd have them today and went their this morning and they didn't have any and one of the employees said he thought they went getting them till the 11th so I broke down and got one at att store but now am returning it tomorrow due to my sleep/wake button stopped working already so I guess I'm gonna get my money and wait till the 11th to see if best buy gets them in this phone is to expensive to not have better insurance than att gives I'm not paying 200 dollars if the phone breaks I'm waiting it out for the black tie coverage that best buy offers especially after today's episode. I'm just glad mine broke while I can still return it, but I was shocked that I payed over 300 dollars for this phone and it stopped functioning right not even 6 hours after I bought it
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    I'm with you guys, I had a preorder I thought was waiting for me. Walked in and they told me the shipment didn't arrive. Not happy that they sold a preorder, then didn't get a device in. If it isn't there today, I hope to complain enough (politely) to get a discount or gift card, something. I could have preordered from other places, but had always had good luck with Best Buy for other products in the past.
  5. #5  
    Nchaka's Avatar

    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Maybe it's in the Sunday ad, so they were told not to sell them. That way they can have a few in stock.
    They have done that before.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    For anything Apple or mobile, Best Buy is not the place to go for pre-orders. Being a 3rd party retailer they often have no idea what kind of stock they will be getting or when they will be getting it.

    In this instance folks would have been much better served ordering direct from their carrier.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by ugaco07 View Post
    For anything Apple or mobile, Best Buy is not the place to go for pre-orders. Being a 3rd party retailer they often have no idea what kind of stock they will be getting or when they will be getting it.

    In this instance folks would have been much better served ordering direct from their carrier.
    I mistakenly assumed their preorders for phones would be like their games, how wrong I was. I can say it won't be happening again, that's for sure. Just got off the phone and got the runaround again from my preorder store. Called another store, same basic story, but at least the person I was speaking to understood there was a difference in the AT&T and Sprint Note 2's. Hopefully it will arrive sometime today, they claim I will get an email when it arrives, but also said to check back in a few hours. Fingers crossed I get something accomplished today.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    same here. went first thing in the morning to my local Best Buy in Rancho Cucamonga, CA were the two mobile workers looked really confused when the guy in front of me simply asked for a white note 2. They clicked a ton on the keyboards asked him three times if he pre-ordered it, dug through the drawers only to say they wont have any for two weeks. I wanted to use my best buy card but couldnt wait for the phone so I went next door to my AT&T store where there seem to be an endless supply
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    zjaksn10's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by xchris5442x View Post
    same here. went first thing in the morning to my local Best Buy in Rancho Cucamonga, CA were the two mobile workers looked really confused when the guy in front of me simply asked for a white note 2. They clicked a ton on the keyboards asked him three times if he pre-ordered it, dug through the drawers only to say they wont have any for two weeks. I wanted to use my best buy card but couldnt wait for the phone so I went next door to my AT&T store where there seem to be an endless supply
    The only thing thats holding me back from doing that is Best Buy's insurance is so damn good!!!! With AT&T insurance the guy said I would be paying $8/per month and $200 for a new phone. Thats not insurance!!!!
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Yes the att Street date is the 9th. The sprint Street date is the 11th. However most best buys show that they have some on order without an actual arrival date to the store nothing gets received on Sunday at our local stores. It's sad that best buy can't be accurate with their information in the long run is being business. Anyways, the sprint Variants of the note 2 have already been at our store for a couple of days now.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  
    oldmanjenkins's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    BB still has no idea when product will be received.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    oldmanjenkins's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Doesnt sound very good in the BB forum. Some say the end of the year.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    zjaksn10's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by oldmanjenkins View Post
    Doesnt sound very good in the BB forum. Some say the end of the year.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    I would doubt that. I'm hoping a week or two delay but would hate to give in to AT&T's insurance.
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Add me to the group waiting on my preorder from Best Buy. Put my order in store on the 5th and just called today - still no phone. I was told my local store gets inventory on Mondays and Thursdays so I'm crossing my fingers I'll have mine by the end of the week.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo5000 View Post
    Add me to the group waiting on my preorder from Best Buy. Put my order in store on the 5th and just called today - still no phone. I was told my local store gets inventory on Mondays and Thursdays so I'm crossing my fingers I'll have mine by the end of the week.
    I hope you are right, if it shows either Monday or Thursday, I can wait, but I leave town on Friday for a week. So it will probably come while I'm gone and they won't hold it (the way things have gone so far). Really hoping for something tomorrow.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    zjaksn10's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    I'm hoping for a monday release. So tired of Sprint's service that I am debating on getting the S3 even tho I already had one on Sprint.
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    It appears that UPS made deliveries to the Best Buy stores all around me. I used the "Check Availability" link by zip codes and I was able to pick one up today.
  18. #18  
    abalboa3's Avatar

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Same here. I checked online and it showed available at the stores in my area. Went in after work and was able to pick one up. Loving it so far.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    I just checked outside of Philadelphia and most of the best buy mobile have them.
  20. #20  
    oldmanjenkins's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Light at the end of the tunnel for me. Received a notification email that my phone was in at BB. Picked it up this afternoon. Loving it!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by oldmanjenkins View Post
    Light at the end of the tunnel for me. Received a notification email that my phone was in at BB. Picked it up this afternoon. Loving it!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Congrats:thumbup:

    Sending from my White Sexy Galaxy Note 2.
    Thanked by:
    acordo01 likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    zjaksn10's Avatar

    Posts
    148 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by oldmanjenkins View Post
    Light at the end of the tunnel for me. Received a notification email that my phone was in at BB. Picked it up this afternoon. Loving it!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    I woke up at 10am and instantly checked to see if it was available for shipping but checked in store availability first and low and behold a store 7 miles from me had them in. got the phone at 12 pm with 45% battery and it just now went dead after 9 hours with 4.5 hours of screen on time.
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Why dont you just buy one at the AT&T store... They have both colors in stock and you'll probably have some sort of problem since you didnt get it from a company store... unless your looking at the price (which someone posted 199.00) seems to much of a pain in the but to go through Best Buy when obviously you can walk in and buy one through AT&T.
  24. #24  
    johnglad's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    I bought mine at my local best buy yesterday afternoon. The girl that I talked to when I got there said the att version wasn't on sale yet, and I had to tell her that their website said it was, to which she had to go talk to a manager. Then I told her I wanted the titanium Grey color, and she told me they only sold blue or white... I laughed and said okay just give me the blue.

    Loving the phone so far coming from the gs3

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Don't know what to believe at Best Buy

    Quote Originally Posted by johnglad View Post
    I bought mine at my local best buy yesterday afternoon. The girl that I talked to when I got there said the att version wasn't on sale yet, and I had to tell her that their website said it was, to which she had to go talk to a manager. Then I told her I wanted the titanium Grey color, and she told me they only sold blue or white... I laughed and said okay just give me the blue.

    Loving the phone so far coming from the gs3

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Blue?I was under the impression that it only came out in white and gray at least for now. Can you post a picture of it I'm interested

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Don't know what to do :(
    By joakyno in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 08:21 AM
  2. I don't know what to do...
    By lauradenise in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 01:33 PM
  3. I don't know what to buy! D:
    By volcom.airsoft in forum Verizon
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 02:59 PM
  4. I don't know what to do about the update
    By krisrock in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 01:48 PM

Posting Permissions

B