micro SD card location and testing with SDTools
The micro SD card in Jellybean is a lot harder to find compared to ICS. I wanted to test my shiny new Sandisk class 10 64GB micro SD card to see if I was actually getting class 10 performance for writing. SdTools didn't default to the external SD card like it did for me in ICS. In the SdTools menu, I used the "custom path" option to try to get to storage/extSdCard, but there was nothing listed under storage. I knew it was there from using ES File Explorer (it will put the external SD card in your "favorites" automatically).
I wound up finding the "advanced path" option in the SDTools menu that lets you type out a path. Using /storage/extSdCard for that path lets SDTools see the micro SD card and run the test.
Reading could be better, but the write speed is as advertised.
- By Starblaster in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 59Last Post: 11-10-2012, 01:28 PM
- By Thedonkeyshow808 in forum Epic 4G Touch AccessoriesReplies: 10Last Post: 11-16-2011, 06:55 PM
- By attweco in forum AT&T ATRIXReplies: 9Last Post: 06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
- By bberrynewbie84 in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 9Last Post: 03-26-2011, 01:45 PM
- By oldirty9014 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 10Last Post: 10-03-2010, 10:59 PM