Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Issues with AT&T Note 2

My two issues:

1. I rely on voice to text a lot. Can't seem to find a way to set up the keyboard so that the Mic is to the left of the spacebar by default. While it's not a big deal, long pressing the T key every time and then selecting the mic. gets tedious. I can't seem to find a setting for replacing the T key with the Mic. Even after I choose the mic it returns to the T the next time the keyboard pops up.

2. I've got a bunch of email accounts, 3 of which are G-MAIL. Instead of splitting them up, the 3 G-MAIL in the G-MAIL app and my others in the stock app, I'd like to use the stock email app. for everything. The problem is the stock email seems to be treating my G-MAIL accounts as POP accounts, even though they've been set up as IMAP. Reason being, when I delete a G-MAIL message from the stock email app it shows right back up again (as read) in the INBOX after the next sync. I did some brief searching and it seems users of both the S3 and the Note have been hit with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    My two issues:

1. I rely on voice to text a lot. Can't seem to find a way to set up the keyboard so that the Mic is to the left of the spacebar by default. While it's not a big deal, long pressing the T key every time and then selecting the mic. gets tedious. I can't seem to find a setting for replacing the T key with the Mic. Even after I choose the mic it returns to the T the next time the keyboard pops up.
    I'm in the same boat.
    lgreenberg likes this.

I am also.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and 4NOTEd

I have five irks from my otherwise superfragilisticexpialidocious Note II:

1) Stock voice doesn't correctly read clock time on wake-up.

2) Wifi and cell signal bars appear in notifications bar and the ATT initials on far left, but no 4G or Edge indicators.

3) Can't text or receive mms messages. (I can email pics.)

4) Since I added Hotmail to my other two email accounts (one pop3 and one imap), I no longer have ring tones available for any email notifications. (The ring tones are grayed out.)

5) Text messages (in a single convo) frequently aren't in correct order time-wise. BIG IRK!

If someone knows how to remedy any of these irks, please say . . .
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and 4NOTEd
    ska916jedi likes this.

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

The only issue so far, my youtube and tune in radio pro will stop to buffer most of the time. Full bars and never an issue with my skyrocket in the exact same conditions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbirdhill View Post
    Note II:

2) Wifi and cell signal bars appear in notifications bar and the ATT initials on far left, but no 4G or Edge indicators.

4) Since I added Hotmail to my other two email accounts (one pop3 and one imap), I no longer have ring tones available for any email notifications. (The ring tones are grayed out.)

If someone knows how to remedy any of these irks, please say . . .
    2) SETTINGS/About Device/Mobile network type gives my Network Type as HSDPA:9 Does anyone know what HSDPA:9 is??? I don't think google knows much about it!

4) Apparently, I can't use Driving Mode and ring tone notifications at the same time.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and 4NOTEd

Quote Originally Posted by henning#CB View Post
    Every time I go to edit my home screens by pinching in, I drag a blank or any home screen to the trash can at the bottom. It freezes and then says my Touchwiz is not working. It comes back but there is no way to delete the home screens. Tried a s and hard reset and still having a problem.

I'm having the same problem! Does anybody know how to fix this?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Tippit View Post
    I'm having the same problem! Does anybody know how to fix this?
    On developer options make sure your animations are on

Sent from my PC36100
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post

Sent from my PC36100
    That worked for me so I would definitely try it

What exct options did you change? Can you send a screen shot of it? This is where I have mine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Issues with AT&T Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1353118746772.jpg  

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by henning#CB View Post
    What exct options did you change? Can you send a screen shot of it? This is where I have mine.

I saw it on my brothers note 2 ill have him send me a pic and post it

Sent from my PC36100

I just tried something that worked. I went to settings and force stopped touchwiz home. I went back to the home pages and it allowed me to delete the home screens.

I can't get rid of yahoo mail. I've erased it from the applications but when I get new emails from my yahoo account, they show up in that app! Ugh! They do appear in the stock email app as well. I its just annoying. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post

Sent from my PC36100
    THANKS SO MUCH!! That did it! I kind of thought I had messed up a setting, just had know idea which one. Again, thanks so much!
    Thanked by:

What exct options did you change? Can you send a screen shot of it? This is where I have mine.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central

Issues with AT&T Note 2-screenshot_2012-11-16-20-56-10.png
    here's my settings I changed.
    Hope this helps, I cropped
    out the three settings that I had turned off and had to
    turn back on to fix the problem. I've been wanting to use my s-pen to crop something anyway!LOL
    Last edited by Randall Tippit; 11-16-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Tippit View Post
    THANKS SO MUCH!! That did it! I kind of thought I had messed up a setting, just had know idea which one. Again, thanks so much!
    No problem

Sent from my PC36100

Have you tried using S Voice, it is getting better and better and gives you almost totally hands-free voice to text to send messages, get directions and so forth.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo Rackman View Post
    Have you tried using S Voice, it is getting better and better and gives you almost totally hands-free voice to text to send messages, get directions and so forth.
    How do you use it? And isn't that what's on the keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    How do you use it? And isn't that what's on the keyboard?
    S-Voice is accessed in the apps drawer (not on the kb). I believe I had to accept a eula before use, not certain. You can do all sorts of things with oral commands such as saying: Send a text to Dad (or an email to Jenny). You can ask questions such as: Who won the Arkansas-Alabama game last night? The S-Voice will inquire if you want to ask google if S-Voice isn't already programmed with the answer to your question. It's really quite fun to use!
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and 4NOTEd
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

This Is what it should be

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Issues with AT&T Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1353284727999.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbirdhill View Post
    S-Voice is accessed in the apps drawer (not on the kb). I believe I had to accept a eula before use, not certain. You can do all sorts of things with oral commands such as saying: Send a text to Dad (or an email to Jenny). You can ask questions such as: Who won the Arkansas-Alabama game last night? The S-Voice will inquire if you want to ask google if S-Voice isn't already programmed with the answer to your question. It's really quite fun to use!
    Cool, thank you. do you access it from the app or do you hold down the home key? I turned off the home key thing because I heard it helps the wake up / sleep lag.

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    Cool, thank you. do you access it from the app or do you hold down the home key? I turned off the home key thing because I heard it helps the wake up / sleep lag.
    I access S-Voice through the apps.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and 4NOTEd

I just put it on my first home screen. Easy to get to.

Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

Anyone having trouble adding calendar items via s voice? It won't add for me.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post
    Anyone having trouble adding calendar items via s voice? It won't add for me.
    from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    S-voice adds calendar events for me; however it easily makes mistakes that must be sometimes manually corrected. I suppose the calendar defaults to "today" to add an appointment--which makes setting the correct date more difficult IMHO. Also, the calendar gmt time goes crazy and I have to reset it each time I add an event, either via S-voice or manually.
    hummingbirdhill
    THRiVEn and 4NOTEd
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast