Issues with AT&T Note 2

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
is it possible that a list of the "Bugs" or non-working features, software, be centrally listed here. I'm waiting for my Note2, and want to make sure that items critical to my needs are functional and working. Also important, how is WiFi, radios and range, on this phone, not looking for a repeat OneX performance.

Last edited:

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
is it possible that a listed of the "Bugs" or non-working features, software, be centrally listed here. I'm waiting for my Note2, and want to make sure that items critical to my needs are functional and working. Also important, how is WiFi, radios and range, on this phone, not looking for a repeat OneX performance.

I'm on Verizon,but from what I read this phone will be great. No issues so far besides the multi-task, but you can download it from a link I believe.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
This phone is working remarkably well from the bug standpoint. Still looking and putting it through it's paces.

Anashti

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd just posted to my g+ circles that both multi-tasking and cloud app is missing.... im wondering if att didnt nix the cloud app because its in competition with their ATT Locker.....

Can someone post the link to where we can DL thr multitasking feature?

RogerRockit

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, I've got no data connection. I didn't notice the first 24 hours because I was at home on wifi. But this evening, I took the family out for dinner, and that's when I discovered I had no AT&T data. Mobile data is enabled, everything else works fine, it's been awesome on wifi. Hoping it's just a local issue.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Bugs are to be expected with new phones. Only thing I've noticed is that the samsung keyboard likes to load by default after a reboot. Kind of annoying.

Echartea

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel you with the data connection missing. Mine has that problem as well -- at first, it was because the AT&T preorder process can't handle data plans (it removed my grandfathered unlimited data). I had to call customer care and have them re-add it. Didn't notice yesterday (Friday), when the phone was delivered, since I was on WiFi the whole day, but when I went out to do some stuff today (Saturday) I realized I had no internet connection.

Called customer care this afternoon around noon, and they said they'd have it back on by midnight. According to the account status, it's back on Unlimited data but the 4G icon only pops up when I turn the phone on -- if I let it go to sleep, I can't get it back without restarting the phone. Once -that- isn't an issue anymore, I think I won't have a problem with it. (Other than the fact that I wanted at least a 32gig. I'm an audiophile who never knows what they want to listen to beforehand, so I like to carry my full collection with me. 50/64gigs on my sd card used on that.) Otherwise I am incredibly happy with this device. Taking some getting used to, since I'm coming from the iPhone 4, but the more I play with it, the more convinced I am I'll never go back to Apple phones.

RogerRockit

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Taking some getting used to, since I'm coming from the iPhone 4, but the more I play with it, the more convinced I am I'll never go back to Apple phones.

Same here! Buh bye dainty little iPhone. Other issue I'm having is being able to text multimedia, I'll attach an image taken with the phone, it compresses it, then acts like it's sending, but never completes. Standard texts work fine.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Other issue I'm having is being able to text multimedia, I'll attach an image taken with the phone, it compresses it, then acts like it's sending, but never completes. Standard texts work fine.

I tried to text a simple S-pen doodle last night and two hours later I realized it was still "sending" . . .

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
This isn't a bug, but I did notice something cool, When the phone is locked or in sleep mode, if you place your finger over the proximity sensor for a second an information screen appears with battery life info and missed messages and calls. Just thought I would share.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a bug, but I did notice something cool, When the phone is locked or in sleep mode, if you place your finger over the proximity sensor for a second an information screen appears with battery life info and missed messages and calls. Just thought I would share.

That screen threw me off. Wondered what the hell was causing it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a bug, but I did notice something cool, When the phone is locked or in sleep mode, if you place your finger over the proximity sensor for a second an information screen appears with battery life info and missed messages and calls. Just thought I would share

I tried that several times but it worked only the first time.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Setting>Motion>Quick Glance

Thanks, but I have the settings . . . Just checked 'em because seems like once in a great while a setting changes by itself . . .

I love the feature to double tap top of Note II when I'm in a loonnng list of emails and it goes to the top of the list. :)

EDIT: Ahhhh, it worked again just now. I love it when it works. :)

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had three lock ups today that required a battery pull. Not sure what's causing that?

Edit. .....I think it was the live wallpaper I was using.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The most noticable thing that I have found is my s pen needs to be pulled out harder than the Sprint versions. Not saying its a bad thing, I kinda like it as a "security" feature but it hangs at the part where it goes from pen to metal cap. Second thing being the folders randomly dissappear and I can't replace it because it still registers that I have a folder there. Besides that My phone is a champ and moving from Sprints 0.12 mbps down on 3G to AT&T's 52mbps down LTE. I've seemed to have soiled myself.