Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issues with AT&T Note 2

is it possible that a list of the "Bugs" or non-working features, software, be centrally listed here. I'm waiting for my Note2, and want to make sure that items critical to my needs are functional and working. Also important, how is WiFi, radios and range, on this phone, not looking for a repeat OneX performance.

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Re: Issues with AT&T Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    is it possible that a listed of the "Bugs" or non-working features, software, be centrally listed here. I'm waiting for my Note2, and want to make sure that items critical to my needs are functional and working. Also important, how is WiFi, radios and range, on this phone, not looking for a repeat OneX performance.
    I'm on Verizon,but from what I read this phone will be great. No issues so far besides the multi-task, but you can download it from a link I believe.

I'm on att and I have no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

This phone is working remarkably well from the bug standpoint. Still looking and putting it through it's paces.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

i dont see the cloud option in settings personal. how do i get that back?

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I'd just posted to my g+ circles that both multi-tasking and cloud app is missing.... im wondering if att didnt nix the cloud app because its in competition with their ATT Locker.....

Can someone post the link to where we can DL thr multitasking feature?

It should be included in an update. Sprint just got theirs...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

For some reason, I've got no data connection. I didn't notice the first 24 hours because I was at home on wifi. But this evening, I took the family out for dinner, and that's when I discovered I had no AT&T data. Mobile data is enabled, everything else works fine, it's been awesome on wifi. Hoping it's just a local issue.

The maps accuracy is off by a bit.

Bugs are to be expected with new phones. Only thing I've noticed is that the samsung keyboard likes to load by default after a reboot. Kind of annoying.

I feel you with the data connection missing. Mine has that problem as well -- at first, it was because the AT&T preorder process can't handle data plans (it removed my grandfathered unlimited data). I had to call customer care and have them re-add it. Didn't notice yesterday (Friday), when the phone was delivered, since I was on WiFi the whole day, but when I went out to do some stuff today (Saturday) I realized I had no internet connection.

Called customer care this afternoon around noon, and they said they'd have it back on by midnight. According to the account status, it's back on Unlimited data but the 4G icon only pops up when I turn the phone on -- if I let it go to sleep, I can't get it back without restarting the phone. Once -that- isn't an issue anymore, I think I won't have a problem with it. (Other than the fact that I wanted at least a 32gig. I'm an audiophile who never knows what they want to listen to beforehand, so I like to carry my full collection with me. 50/64gigs on my sd card used on that.) Otherwise I am incredibly happy with this device. Taking some getting used to, since I'm coming from the iPhone 4, but the more I play with it, the more convinced I am I'll never go back to Apple phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Echartea View Post
    Taking some getting used to, since I'm coming from the iPhone 4, but the more I play with it, the more convinced I am I'll never go back to Apple phones.
    Same here! Buh bye dainty little iPhone. Other issue I'm having is being able to text multimedia, I'll attach an image taken with the phone, it compresses it, then acts like it's sending, but never completes. Standard texts work fine.
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRockit View Post
    Other issue I'm having is being able to text multimedia, I'll attach an image taken with the phone, it compresses it, then acts like it's sending, but never completes. Standard texts work fine.
    I tried to text a simple S-pen doodle last night and two hours later I realized it was still "sending" . . .
    hummingbirdhill
    2ENCOREd 'n' 4NOTEd

This isn't a bug, but I did notice something cool, When the phone is locked or in sleep mode, if you place your finger over the proximity sensor for a second an information screen appears with battery life info and missed messages and calls. Just thought I would share.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post
    This isn't a bug, but I did notice something cool, When the phone is locked or in sleep mode, if you place your finger over the proximity sensor for a second an information screen appears with battery life info and missed messages and calls. Just thought I would share.

That screen threw me off. Wondered what the hell was causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post
    This isn't a bug, but I did notice something cool, When the phone is locked or in sleep mode, if you place your finger over the proximity sensor for a second an information screen appears with battery life info and missed messages and calls. Just thought I would share
    I tried that several times but it worked only the first time.
    hummingbirdhill
    2ENCOREd 'n' 4NOTEd

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbirdhill View Post
    I tried that several times but it worked only the first time.
    Setting>Motion>Quick Glance

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Setting>Motion>Quick Glance
    Thanks, but I have the settings . . . Just checked 'em because seems like once in a great while a setting changes by itself . . .

I love the feature to double tap top of Note II when I'm in a loonnng list of emails and it goes to the top of the list.

EDIT: Ahhhh, it worked again just now. I love it when it works.
    hummingbirdhill
    2ENCOREd 'n' 4NOTEd

I've had three lock ups today that required a battery pull. Not sure what's causing that?

Edit. .....I think it was the live wallpaper I was using.

ROM
    Stock Root

The most noticable thing that I have found is my s pen needs to be pulled out harder than the Sprint versions. Not saying its a bad thing, I kinda like it as a "security" feature but it hangs at the part where it goes from pen to metal cap. Second thing being the folders randomly dissappear and I can't replace it because it still registers that I have a folder there. Besides that My phone is a champ and moving from Sprints 0.12 mbps down on 3G to AT&T's 52mbps down LTE. I've seemed to have soiled myself.
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One

Every time I go to edit my home screens by pinching in, I drag a blank or any home screen to the trash can at the bottom. It freezes and then says my Touchwiz is not working. It comes back but there is no way to delete the home screens. Tried a s and hard reset and still having a problem.
    Thanked by:
    acordo01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by henning#CB View Post
    Every time I go to edit my home screens by pinching in, I drag a blank or any home screen to the trash can at the bottom. It freezes and then says my Touchwiz is not working. It comes back but there is no way to delete the home screens. Tried a s and hard reset and still having a problem.
    Mee too same issue very annoying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I have had only one issue. row of dim pixels that ran across the screen. took it back and they gave me a new one. other then that, no problems at all

- - - Updated - - -

I have had only one issue. row of dim pixels that ran across the screen. took it back and they gave me a new one. other then that, no problems at all

It didn't do that when I first got the phone. Maybe it's a glitch with some kind of setting I hit or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I am having issues with the bluetooth with my car. I have seen this in the past with updates with Samsungs phones. Not staying connected.

Anyone else?
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast