Anyone Managed to get a Note 2 from a Best Buy store?

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have been given the run around now for two days at the store I preordered from, still I have no clue when or if they will ever have a phone for me. Has anyone managed to pick up a phone from Best Buy?

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been given the run around now for two days at the store I preordered from, still I have no clue when or if they will ever have a phone for me. Has anyone managed to pick up a phone from Best Buy?

Well I am on Sprint and I also pre-ordered my phone and it came in Tuesday, but they couldn't sell to me due to the street date to sell is November 11th. So well be picking up my white Samsung Galaxy Note 2 tomorrow, Sunday. Sorry to hear that you are getting the run around. I live in Ga.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I am on Sprint and I also pre-ordered my phone and it came in Tuesday, but they couldn't sell to me due to the street date to sell is November 11th. So well be picking up my white Samsung Galaxy Note 2 tomorrow, Sunday. Sorry to hear that you are getting the run around. I live in Ga.

Don't get your hopes up, My best buy stores told me the 6th, then the 9th, and now the 11th. Called into their customer service and was told they are lying, that there is no official date for the Note II for any carrier.

ascian5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had at least 5 diff area Best Buy's/BBY Mobile state they weren't allowed to sell them until the 11th. I have no idea why as AT&T stores have stated they sold out of their initial (albeit dismal, 1-2 unit) stock already.

As a disclaimer, while I am oddly excited for this phone and thought I was past such things, the number of stores I've been to is merely a coincidence, but thought I'd ask. :)

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up, My best buy stores told me the 6th, then the 9th, and now the 11th. Called into their customer service and was told they are lying, that there is no official date for the Note II for any carrier.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is already at the store it came in Tuesday and I went to the store to purchase it, the store rep even activated my phone and everything and we went to the register to pay for it and he found out that they was not suppose to sell the note 2 for Sprint till November 11th. So I will be back tomorrow to get it. So it's at the store

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
G
My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is already at the store it came in Tuesday and I went to the store to purchase it, the store rep even activated my phone and everything and we went to the register to pay for it and he found out that they was not suppose to sell the note 2 for Sprint till November 11th. So I will be back tomorrow to get it. So it's at the store

I hope you get yours today, I'm about to give up any hope of ever getting an AT&T one from Best Buy. Let us know if it works out, good luck.

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday Best Buy told me its not even released yet, then said it should be in on Tuesday.......

I was told it wasn't released yet too, I want to pull out my iPhone and show them all the people who already received them. Even those who ordered from online through the eBay Best Buy Mobile site with a 25% discount. Never again will I put any faith in Best Buy, if I can't get a straight answer from someone today, they may be joining my list of merchants I will never use again. It's not than I don't have my phone, it's that they are so poorly organized that I can't get a straight answer.

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Spoke to a manager today, not the mobile manager, but a manager. She somehow managed to find they had five on order, but unlike anyone outside of Best Buy, she was unable to get any details on the order for arrival. I just don't understand how the store isn't informed on a delivery date. It also amazes me they will sell "preorders" without knowing how much or when any stock will arrive at their store. I can honestly say I will never buy from Best Buy again, I have lost complete faith in them. I know they won't miss me, but there are plenty of other businesses that sell the same products and can do so without seeming to be completely incompetent.

homebrewJet

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just went to the AT&T store and got this, but went to Best Buy afterwards and someone said they had the AT&T version in stock. I called all morning and nobody has them. Truly embarrassing for Best buy.

homebrewJet

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Dude at **** Rapids best buy was pretty sure he had AT&T versions in stock. I wanted the gray one, but the AT&T store only had white, not a big deal. I'm just happy I don't have to deal with BB anymore.

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I was in a best buy in Raleigh, nc and they had both att and sprint on display but i didn't ask if they had any in stock because I'm Verizon.

The Nottinator

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Today was the in store release date, we've had them since thursday but couldn't sell them till today, we only received the sprint version, the lack of communication on release date aren't because of bestbuy but the carrier, sometimes we don't know until there delivered to the store.:thumbup:

Sent from my busa!

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Today was the in store release date, we've had them since thursday but couldn't sell them till today, we only received the sprint version, the lack of communication on release date aren't because of bestbuy but the carrier, sometimes we don't know until there delivered to the store.:thumbup:

Sent from my busa!

With that kind of a system, how do they know how many preorders to sell? People I have dealt with so far seem really uninformed. I would think working in the mobile phone dept, you might learn the difference in the carriers and the phone models. The people I have dealt with haven't seem to grasp either.

Hoping for some good news tomorrow.

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
With that kind of a system, how do they know how many preorders to sell? People I have dealt with so far seem really uninformed. I would think working in the mobile phone dept, you might learn the difference in the carriers and the phone models. The people I have dealt with haven't seem to grasp either.

Hoping for some good news tomorrow.

When you place a pre-order your name and order number will be placed on the phone as soon as the store receives the phone, I can't speak for other stores but our process works and has worked well for 4 years now, this also depends on if the phone's date is pushed back(iPhone 5 as a example).

Sent from my busa!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon