Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock Note 2 Tips and Questions

I just picked up the Note 2 and I'm not used to the Samsung tweaks because I've always been on a Nexus device. I want to try to use the stock experience as much as possible, but I know I will eventually be forced to install a launcher, notification panel launchers, etc.

Here are my stock Note 2 questions (on AT&T):
    How do I auto-close a folder after an application in said folder has been launched?
    Without a launcher, can I make the icons smaller so I can fit more on each desktop panel? If not, I'll use Nova.
    Without installing a 3rd party application, how can I add more quick launch actions to the notifications window? I want Tethering and Flashlight.
    With the notification launch actions, can I turn these off so they don't show up?
    Is there a stock way to turn off LTE?

Default Re: Stock Note 2 Tips and Questions

How do I auto-close a folder after an application in said folder has been launched? I don't think you can in stock launcher
    Without a launcher, can I make the icons smaller so I can fit more on each desktop panel? If not, I'll use Nova. No, this is why I switched back to Nova after a day of trying stock.You can jam more in with launcher mods, but I don't know how. The mods were in this thread on XDA, but they got shut down. You might keep tabs if they get put back up there: [DELETED][MOD] TW Launcher in 4x5, 5x5, with (or without) wallpaper scroll - xda-developers
    Without installing a 3rd party application, how can I add more quick launch actions to the notifications window? I want Tethering and Flashlight. You can't, not without custom rom, or maybe some framework mods
    With the notification launch actions, can I turn these off so they don't show up? You mean the ongoing notifications in the pull down shade? I believe you can, but it would take modifying system files.
    Is there a stock way to turn off LTE? I believe you would have to add another APN for HSPA+. Do you not live in an LTE area? It's my understanding that even if you force connection to HSPA+ you're not turning off the LTE radio, so no battery savings.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Stock Note 2 Tips and Questions

Do you not live in an LTE area?
    Yes, my entire area is LTE.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    You helped immensely. Just confirmed the things I couldn't figure out. Thanks for your response.