Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did AT&T block South Park Studios from the AT&T firmware?

Flash super is easy to install and works by getting the apk directly off the Adobe site. For example, after you install it, you can run the desktop version of YouTube fine. But it looks like AT&T firmware has an extra "feature" where it blocks south park studio episodes from streaming. Can you guys confirm? This happened to me with crackle.com on a previous AT&T phone and I hated them for it.

I confirmed that the site works fine on t-mobile, sprint, international, and Korean Galaxy Note 2's.

Now is what they are doing legal? It's not the content creators that are blocking access. It is AT&T, in hopes you buy episodes from their store maybe.

If you haven't installed flash yet, here's how you do it.

Default Re: Did AT&T block South Park Studios from the AT&T firmware?

That's me talking to the guy in the comments. AT&T blocked it. Why else isn't it working, but other flash sites do???

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    That's me talking to the guy in the comments. AT&T blocked it. Why else isn't it working, but other flash sites do???
    I did notice in the video the link is for ics flash apk.

http://www.howtogeek.com/120277/how-...-bean-devices/

Follow that link and install flash through there. That's what I did and South Park studio pulls up perfectly fine for me. I'm on att note 2 . Maybe since it was meant for ics is the reason for the issue ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by acordo01 View Post
    I did notice in the video the link is for ics flash apk.

How to Install Flash on the Nexus 7 and Other Jelly Bean Devices - How-To Geek

Follow that link and install flash through there. That's what I did and South Park studio pulls up perfectly fine for me. I'm on att note 2 . Maybe since it was meant for ics is the reason for the issue ?

Any other way to get that flash ics here directly on my phone without downing it first to my comouter?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Just go to that link on your Galaxy Note 2, and it should download it directly.

The How-to-geek website points to a forum thread, that points to a file that is 2 versions behind. But let me know if that one works.

If that doesn't work clear your cookies and browsing data. I know sometimes sites like CNN drop cookies on your browser if you ever surf there with a mobile browser, rendering your desktop mode useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidmike View Post
    Just go to that link on your Galaxy Note 2, and it should download it directly.

The How-to-geek website points to a forum thread, that points to a file that is 2 versions behind. But let me know if that one works.

If that doesn't work clear your cookies and browsing data. I know sometimes sites like CNN drop cookies on your browser if you ever surf there with a mobile browser, rendering your desktop mode useless.
    First, how do you clean out the cookies? And where is the direct link on that page because I do not see 1?

Ok, found out how to clear the cache & cookies. I retried the site and it showed the cirlce loading thing like when a YouTube videos loads.
    Anyways, it looked liked it was going it load, but nothing. It's just the black background of the site. If I ckick where the videos suppose to be, its a red / brown box until I let go. They have to blocking it somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    Ok, found out how to clear the cache & cookies. I retried the site and it showed the cirlce loading thing like when a YouTube videos loads.
    Anyways, it looked liked it was going it load, but nothing. It's just the black background of the site. If I ckick where the videos suppose to be, its a red / brown box until I let go. They have to blocking it somehow!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2314111

Read my post on this other thread regarding this issue. I also posted pictures with proof that it works with the link I posted earlier

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Plays fine for me in the stock browser since I already flash installed from a titanium backup. Chrome asks for flash player to be installed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidmike View Post
    Flash super is easy to install and works by getting the apk directly off the Adobe site. For example, after you install it, you can run the desktop version of YouTube fine. But it looks like AT&T firmware has an extra "feature" where it blocks south park studio episodes from streaming. Can you guys confirm? This happened to me witmoo h crackle.com on a previous AT&T phone and I hated them for it.

I confirmed that the site works fine on t-mobile, sprint, international, and oKorean Galaxy Note 2's.

Now is what they are doing legal? It's not the content creators that are blocking access. It is AT&T, in hopes you buy episodes from their store maybe.

If you haven't installed flash yet, here's how you do it.
    Hi,.can you.subscribe me to your links for the.GN2
    Thanks, Larry
    Thanked by:
    aclerk 

Lucidmike,
    I am curious, several people have said that even though Adobe has dropped flash, if you have Android 4.0 or higher, you "don't need flash player", anymore for flash sites on you tube to work. Is that correct or incorrect? I am referring specifically to the AT&T GN2.
    Thank you in advance for your valuable support and help!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    Hi,.can you.subscribe me to your links for the.GN2
    Thanks, Larry
    this worked wonders! thanks for this, now i can watch cbs, abc shows without getting hulu plus.