Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By homebrewJet
  • 1 Post By clayrussell
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool iTunes on the GN2 - I DID IT!

I came from an iPhone 4 and I know a lot you new Android users in the same boat. Anyways, I did some searching and sounds like iSyncr is the best program. Well, I got it to work by using this link and even got the program it suggested as the player. I had to restart my phone to get some of the songs in order, but so far I'm not really missing my iPhone

Default Re: iTunes on the GN2 - I DID IT!

Glad you were able to track down and phone. Yeah, I dont miss my iPhone either. What has amazed me is how some coworkers think I am nuts for switching (one even called my phone a POS), but I really like this OS and phone. I'm not sure I will put my music onto this phone, I just usally stream music.
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    I came from an iPhone 4 and I know a lot you new Android users in the same boat. Anyways, I did some searching and sounds like iSyncr is the best program. Well, I got it to work by using this link and even got the program it suggested as the player. I had to restart my phone to get some of the songs in order, but so far I'm not really missing my iPhone

I tried iSyncr and had no luck with it on my Mac. I'm running Mountain Lion and could not get the phone to connect to the desktop iSyncr application using either wireless or USB. When I manually added the Mac's IP address, it still would not verify the host computer. I even tried installing the paid version of iSyncr on the phone, but was still unable to get the phone and desktop to connect.

I returned the phone version of iSyncr, uninstalled the desktop version and went back to DoubleTwist. It's not the best way to sync my music, but it works for me. iSyncr looked very promising but didn't work for me.
    Later Les de NA5AA

AT&T Titanium Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 7 16GB Tablet, iPad2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That sucks. I used my pc laptop.

One of the main reasons I switched from an iPhone 4 to the GN2 was so I'd no longer have to deal with iTunes. Glad you got it to work for you, but I'm happy it's in my rearview mirror.

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Doubletwist is also a good option for the iTunes and android combination.

Quote Originally Posted by jgorniak View Post
    One of the main reasons I switched from an iPhone 4 to the GN2 was so I'd no longer have to deal with iTunes. Glad you got it to work for you, but I'm happy it's in my rearview mirror.
    Amen to that!

Sent from my Big *** Galaxy Not II!

I don't understand. Google Music syncs with iTunes. Why not use that? Excuse my ignorance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    dasupaman23 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by audiosclie View Post
    I don't understand. Google Music syncs with iTunes. Why not use that? Excuse my ignorance.

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by audiosclie View Post

+1. This is how I manage my music when I use my s3. I downloaded the Google Music app for my macbook. It syncs all new songs and playlists from iTunes. Launch the Google Music on your phone and BOOM. Your whole iTunes library for FREE!

I tried iSync and didn't like it.
    My main use on iTunes was for podcasts and I have found the ultimate podcast app called Pocket Cast.
    It updates on new podcasts and allows for direct downloads or streaming options.
    For music, I downloaded the main collection onto the micro SD card which has been perfect for the way I use it.

Smile Re: iTunes on the GN2 - I DID IT!

hi there im thinking about getting this tablet, i do not own any sort of pc i was wondering can you plug an ipod touch into this and download songs onto the tablet then send them across to the ipod using itunes? if you could get back to me that would be brilliant thank you.