Ford Microsoft Sync & Galaxy Note 2 phonebook issue

dmxinc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Every other feature works fine (calls, texts, bluetooth audio, etc...) except for the phonebook download option..... I tried "auto" download and manually download. It stops after 3 or 4 seconds. No error message, nothing. It's as if it worked, until I try use voice command " Call Joe Home" Anyone else have this issue?

Sync is up-to-date. Phone is not rooted or hacked in anyway.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Try posting this on the sync forums on syncmyride.com
I've gotten better results on there than on android forums when dealing with the sync systems. Different versions of sync will cause errors differently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, an phone update seems to have solved the problem.

Try posting this on the sync forums on syncmyride.com
I've gotten better results on there than on android forums when dealing with the sync systems. Different versions of sync will cause errors differently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

Jimro44

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Note2 today. Tried everything to pair this phone with the ford sync system (Would not see the phone.) So I wasn't sure if it was the phone or the sync system. Tried paiting my Plantronics ear piece to the phone. Worked fine.. However, seeing I don't give up easily figured would try again. Went and tried a few things (to no avail). Finally, i went into the sync system and removed my old phone reference (Droid X). Made sure no other devices in there.

Tried to pair and sync again. GUESS WHAT. Yep the sync system found the Note2. Put the magic sync code in the phone and it connected. Loaded my contact list etc etc and now works like my Droid did.

The only conclusion I can reach is that synce will only allow one phone to be seen esp as the primary. Havent tried text messaging yet via sync but really don't care because I don't text message thru sync anyway.

Hope this helps people

todbo

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Your info was helpful but I do have 1 question
how did you get to the field to enter the code in the note II
it does not seem to be under the bt pull down like my droid x2
it appears that my note II does not offer anything past turning bt on or off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member