WIFI disconnecting constantly

dmxinc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I set up the wifi connection it quickly connects, and two minutes later disconnects. I have draft N router D-Link 655 and the FIOS Modem router with Draft N. The signal is very strong at ALL times in my house.

Is there a way to save the passwords for the connections, every time it disconnects, I have to type the password for each one. I know the main reason is security, but with my old phone, once you typed the password, it was saved and automatically connected......Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mickeywdw1254

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I ran into the same issue. I disabled my AT&T smart wifi and I haven't had the issue since. I don't know if that is necessarily what was causing the issue but that's what I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Jrockttu

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I ran into the same issue. I disabled my AT&T smart wifi and I haven't had the issue since. I don't know if that is necessarily what was causing the issue but that's what I did.

I'm fairly certain that is the problem. I had the same issue where I would be at home and turn on the screen to see it reconnecting to my wifi. I disabled Smart Wifi completely and it hasn't done it since.

Mickeywdw1254

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Try un installing updates and then see if that gives you the disable option. "Disable" should take the place of "uninstall updates" once you've done so.

nanoweewee

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips!!! I opened the att smart wifi app and turned it off from there. Worked like a charm.

I called att about this problem and they told me to exchange for another phone. I dont think that'd work. Its just stupid that they have to install these stupid apps on our phones and then messed it up!!

aclerk

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tips!!! I opened the att smart wifi app and turned it off from there. Worked like a charm.

I called att about this problem and they told me to exchange for another phone. I dont think that'd work. Its just stupid that they have to install these stupid apps on our phones and then messed it up!!

i was a happy camper for a few days with this, but now i'm seeing if my phone is locked for at least 30 mins and then unlock, wifi is disabled and i have to re-enable it. anyone else seeing this?

Eddie Huffstetter

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all of you! It was the ATT smart WiFi. The constant scanning was the problem with the rapid off and on of my WiFi. I don't think I have a need anyway for the smart WiFi.

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, have no Internet except my Note 2 and am using a Netgear router to a d7 laptop, Asus 8 core desk top, old Gateway 3.4 ghz laptop, and this Note 2 for my network and for 2 HD Homerun tuners for 4-tuners. This WiFi setup works super and without Internet but only my local area network. I'm therefore able to get live broadcast TV from my own antenna to 4 computers including the Note 2 now.

I use a Asus router which can access my Note 2 hotspot and the Netgear router gets that Asus for the ISP for my network. The whole thing just works awesome.

Thanks for all your posts as this last WiFi issue completes my total setup goals. Thank you!

ReginaLiz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I was having the exact same problem for the exact same reason.

But I *like* the idea of the Smart WiFi app (if it just worked right!). I want to connect to my home WiFi automatically whenever I'm here, but not be bugged about every other hotspot I pass thru - if I want to connect someplace else I don't mind scanning and selecting manually. What's the best way to accomplish this?

JBitson

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I experienced this problem and found the AT&T Smart Wi-Fi app to be the cause. I changed the settings in the AT&T app to "My Spots" on the opening screen and now have the functionality of the app and have had no problems with the Wi-Fi connection.

ReginaLiz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, JBitson. That is actually how I had the Smart Wi-Fi set up before. After disabling it I realized that I was still having connection issues. Finally determined that it was a problem with the router. Have set up Smart Wi-Fi again as you indicate above, with fingers crossed!

CoachRob16

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issues and decided to follow the lead of y'all on here and disabled it and haven't had an issue since. Thanks for the tips.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The AT&T Smart Wi-Fi used to work well. I used to download it and keep it on my phones. "My Spots" is the trick to getting it to work correctly, at least it was in the past.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

newphone601

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
for the past week I have been getting bumped off home wifi and then Samsung
Note II locked up for 3 minutes or so....I just uninstalled updates to ATT wifi and phone is now working, staying connected to home wifi..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney