Has your initial impression changed now that you'vehad it for a few days?

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm also due an upgrade soon and its the One X+ or GN2 for me. I'm kind of leaning towards the GN2 though because I wan't a phone that can last me at least a year and half without having to worry about being extremely outdated, plus GN2 has tremendously better battery life than the One X+. But the HTC has the more manageable screen and convenient size.

I'm really in a pickle.
Be careful of the OneX plus..it inherited the wifi issues of the OneX. Wifi and network handoff issues, it got so bad I couldnt use the phone. I had to get another, and wound up with the GN2. I have never owned a phone that was as problem free as the GN2 is. How is HTC at resolving things? They can kiss my ??? they will never see a penny from me again. There still exists serious wifi issues on the OneX and the New Plus.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Every damn phone I look at that's smaller feels much smaller than it would had I not got this friggin thing. lol

With that said I'll probably pick up a nexus 4 or lumia 920 to play with. Note 2 will be my go to phone though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

mrclowny

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was frustrated at first but since then I'm starting to like the phone more and more....

1. I love the notification LED.
2. The screen size is awesome.. Any other phone now seems very small to me.. I called my buddy's iPhone 5 "Cute" yesterday. LOL
3. Love the external SD.
4. It's super fast and no lag.
5. It plays all the video format I throw at it unlike my iphone where it had to be an MP4....

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
All you have to do is install a launcher, I'm running the Nova Pro launcher and it lets me adjust the icons, I have 5x5. I used the Apex launcher on my Galaxy S3 and it did the same I believe.
Check it out: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...launcher&feature=search_result&token=-1Xny7qL

I'm still in my honeymoon phase.
This is the first phone that makes me feel like I'm not missing anything.
I can honestly say that I won't need to update this phone for a few years.
I could never say that about any other phone I've ever had as I upgraded every single year cause I felt there was something lacking.
Multi-window update is just a matter of time so I'm not worried about it.

The only issue which is a minor one is that the icons on each screen are spaced too far apart.
On the Note I, I could get 5 icons across and 5 down. On the Note II, it's 4x4 so it takes more space.
I've used folders to deal with this so it's not a big deal.

It's still the best phone on the market today PERIOD!

pkwiat

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Love this phone but the one + is tempting. 64gb quad core @ 199 man I just dunno

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I went for the One X+ (my first Android phone)... but will be exchanging it for the Note2. Like everything about the HOX+ except for the battery performance, I couldn't get a day on very light usage. I know the Note2 won't give me any battery issues.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353460235624.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353460235624.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353460314404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353460314404.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 19

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably keep it until a better / bigger iPhone comes out. There's some things I miss of my 4, but so far I can't complain too much. I wish the broswer was like Safari. I hate not being able to click on a link when a page is loading. Plus its hard to click on links with this phone. Maybe theres a setting to adjust the clicking area of a link?
I also want to know how to do a screen capture / picture without using the pen.

To do screen capture, hold the phone vertically and swipe across the screen with the edge of your hand and little finger. Swipe from full left to full right somewhat slowly.

I use Opera as my browser and really like it. Don't miss my iPhones at all, not even my iPhone 5. It looks puny compared to this. Love the Android OS, it's so much richer.

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth works great with my Note 2 in my Sonata. Stays connected. As good or better than my iPhone 5.

Also works great with my plantronics legend.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged mine yesterday and the guy tried everything possible to avoid the exchange. told him how I couldn't even backup my phone on my PC since I rely on my notes daily at work. He offered an app that will backup to the cloud and bla bla bla. i also had (still have) issues with streaming radio or youtube, it stops to buffer about 3-5 times per hour. My Tune In Radio is set to buffer 30 seconds and still stops to buffer in the same places where my skyrocket NEVER buffered!
I said: "Look man, i want my phone to do the things Samsung and AT&T said it was capable of doing, I'm not buying apps to do things the phone is supposed to do but it really cant.
Or take your word that my device is perfectly fine, and I must be doing something wrong. After 30 minutes arguing with the guy, he agreed to exchange it.
I might have to exchange it for a 3rd note since this USB port feels like it's bent or damaged. I certainly will not pay $300 for a refurb unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL