Has your initial impression changed now that you'vehad it for a few days?

itsmemalloy

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love this phone. It is arguably the best smartphone on the market right now. But the size and weight of the device are somewhat of an issue for me. My hand cramps from holding it for long periods of time, landscape typing is a bit of a challenge and this thing is just plain heavy! Don't get me wrong, it's awesome. It's my GS3 on steroids. But I miss the one handed maneuverability and ease of use that my GS3 provided. I'm sad to say it, but I might switch back to my GS3. Giving this device another week or so of use to see if I change my mind.

What are your thoughts after sever days of use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

dafuser

Jul 20, 2010
granburywx.net
I've had mine since Nov 9th, and think it's a great phone. I upgraded from a iPhone 3GS because I hated the little screen and I love the Note's big screen. I'm waiting for a couple of cases to arrive because the Note feels slippery to me and I don't want to drop it. The only things I've found that I don't like are:

1. You can't install apps on the external microSD card, or move apps from the internal storage to the external microSD card. I know you can root the phone and move apps but my EVO 4G would let me move apps back and forth between the phone internal storage and external storage without any issues.

2. The Samsung Apps app was missing from my phone as well as the photo editor. The Samsung Apps site shows two versions of the Samsung App, but neither of the versions is listed as compatible with the Note 2. Installing the version for the Samsung tablets results in a forced close every time I start the Samsung App. Installing the other Samsung App gets me further along, but when I log into the Samsung App I get a error message saying the country for my Samsung account does not match the country for the phone. End result is the inability to download the photo editor.

3. No split window operation with the AT&T Note 2. Since Sprint Note 2 devices just got a upgrade to allow split window operation, I'm hoping te AT&T version will get the same upgrade soon.

So those are the only issues I have with the new Note 2, and they are not really that big of a deal for me. Love the phone, glad I upgraded.

I have since located the APK for the photo editor and have it installed on my note. I got the APK from this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-note-2/223927-photo-editor-not-found.html

Last edited:

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm still in my honeymoon phase.
This is the first phone that makes me feel like I'm not missing anything.
I can honestly say that I won't need to update this phone for a few years.
I could never say that about any other phone I've ever had as I upgraded every single year cause I felt there was something lacking.
Multi-window update is just a matter of time so I'm not worried about it.

The only issue which is a minor one is that the icons on each screen are spaced too far apart.
On the Note I, I could get 5 icons across and 5 down. On the Note II, it's 4x4 so it takes more space.
I've used folders to deal with this so it's not a big deal.

It's still the best phone on the market today PERIOD!

itsmemalloy

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have Nova launcher installed and you can set however many rows and columns you want. It's an awesome app.

Sent from my Big Ass Galaxy Not II!

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably keep it until a better / bigger iPhone comes out. There's some things I miss of my 4, but so far I can't complain too much. I wish the broswer was like Safari. I hate not being able to click on a link when a page is loading. Plus its hard to click on links with this phone. Maybe theres a setting to adjust the clicking area of a link?
I also want to know how to do a screen capture / picture without using the pen.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably keep it until a better / bigger iPhone comes out. There's some things I miss of my 4, but so far I can't complain too much. I wish the broswer was like Safari. I hate not being able to click on a link when a page is loading. Plus its hard to click on links with this phone. Maybe theres a setting to adjust the clicking area of a link?

Swipe your hand across the screen to capture a screen shot. If your talking about a segment of the screen, then the S-pen is the only way.

itsmemalloy

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Press and hold home button and power button at same time for screen capture.

Sent from my Big Ass Galaxy Not II!

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So I did a screen capture and looked in photos and the res was good, but when I posted the pic on the FB app it looked bad. WTF? Any ideas?

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I figured that I would take advantage of the s pen in my response :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352957054850.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352957054850.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 183

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Why does the resolution suck when you do screen caps and edit with the S-Pen? :( That was one of my Qs on another post.
No idea. I also notice screen resolution not as good whenever you have pop out video enabled.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Still liking the phone overall. The size is great and the quad core is really great. I think the s-pen improvements over the OG Galaxy Note are very good!

Two concerns right now:

1. Bluetooth with my car is not good. Most Samsung phones have worked well with it, but the GN2 does not. It will not stay connected. Anyone else having issues?

2. I am not to keen on waiting on this multi screen update from ATT. I am tempted to take it back and wait until the feature is released before getting the phone. Who knows how long it will take to roll out. My SGSIII is a great backup and the bluetooth works great with my car.

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Love this phone but the one + is tempting. 64gb quad core @ 199 man I just dunno

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking and still have yet to find a review where this is shown. Can someone send me a link of one they have seen?>

Thanks!

1. HTC has a worse record then Samsung at updates.

2. The one video I saw on pocketnow with the x and x+ side by side didn't impress me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm also due an upgrade soon and its the One X+ or GN2 for me. I'm kind of leaning towards the GN2 though because I wan't a phone that can last me at least a year and half without having to worry about being extremely outdated, plus GN2 has tremendously better battery life than the One X+. But the HTC has the more manageable screen and convenient size.

I'm really in a pickle.

canecreekfreak

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
The more I use my Note II, the more I like it. I came from an iphone 4, and I'm very happy I made the switch. I really like how customizable Android is, and the huge screen is a giant plus. The phone is also better as it's loud and clear, unlike the Apple which was always too quiet, even at full volume. I haven't had much use for the stylus yet, but I didn't really get the phone for that. I had a Motorola Atrix before, and liked Android, but it was really buggy and the Mot software kinda sucked. I've had zero issues with the Samsung so far, and see no reason to go back to the iphone (at this time).